Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Jetboat - someone spend my money

Yep , theres no way you can go wrong with a 151 . Great hull , excellent pump , good trailer but the motor is very old , very heavy and not that grunty.
    I would offer him 3 grand less , use it as it is and putt together a Lexus, comy 3.8 , small block chev, or ls1 for it too replace the 3litre at a later date.
    With the 3 liter in it Id pay 15-17
    With an ls1 youd ask 20- 25 at a guess.
    BRADS likes this.

I'm thinking that 132a, the blue one and put a bench seat upfront or just a make shift 3rd seat in between. It's in Christchurch so can take for a test most likely. Yeah will do cheers for that.
    Went and saw Mohawk yesterday and had a look at his big boat and also small boat. Gave me a good idea of what I'm after

Quote Originally Posted by mohawk View Post
    Its not uncommon for well maintained marine engines too clock over 4000 hrs spanners . Its also not uncommon too find perfectly good carburated engines fitted brand new into jet boats , and the people putting them in there aint as dumb as you might think
    Old man has a 141a with genuine 1200 hours on its current motor . Originally had a "marinised" Toyota Lexus V8 in it but it let go in the bottom end. Old man was so pissed off that he replaced it with a Brand New Volvo Penta 4.1 (carburetor-ed) and no issues at all since. Doesn't like electronics too much cause he reckens he is less likely to be stranded
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Yes you couldn't wrong with that 132 at that price. Just check the chev looks ok and the bottom of the boat is not destroyed.
    As Mohawk said that 151 is a little underpowered but would be a very nice boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PerazziSC3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Yes you couldn't wrong with that 132 at that price. Just check the chev looks ok and the bottom of the boat is not destroyed.
    As Mohawk said that 151 is a little underpowered but would be a very nice boat

Yep the 151 ticks the size box but with size you get weight and probably a bit harder to get unstuck! I think the 132 will be about perfect size with a bit of seat rearrangement and should have grunt

Jetboat - someone spend my money

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    Yep the 151 ticks the size box but with size you get weight and probably a bit harder to get unstuck! I think the 132 will be about perfect size with a bit of seat rearrangement and should have grunt
    Maybe try fit a bucket seat in the middle set back a bit.
    Our first jet boat was a jet 32 it had a bench seat......unless you have a full seat it's hard to stay in one spot when you are throwing it around/bouncing of stuff. Buckets are better IMO

Yeah I think there is a little bench in the engine cover behind the seats already. Good point about the bench that could piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    From personal experience over 40 years " its always a little harder to get unstuck" no matter what

Note: I am the only one in the family to have a real boat, Father and brother both have Jets
    outdoorlad likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

If you put alittle thought into it a bench could be quickly swaped in and out too suit your needs. You also have resale on your side if you find its too small at a later date .
    Both boats will be heavy bastards when properly stuck any way .
    outdoorlad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    From personal experience over 40 years " its always a little harder to get unstuck" no matter what

Note: I am the only one in the family to have a toy boat, Father and brother both have real boats
    Fixed

Fixed

Mmmmmm let me see 141a in Tasman bay or 6.6m Fizz boat. I know what I would rather be in
    veitnamcam likes this.

Mmmmmm let me see 141a in Tasman bay or 6.6m Fizz boat. I know what I would rather be in
    Yup, the 10' dinghy. I want to see if I can squeeze back into a kayak.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Least the jet boat can do both
    I wouldn't want to be at sea in a 141 but a 161 would be ok

Least the jet boat can do both
    I wouldn't want to be at sea in a 141 but a 161 would be ok

Only if you like watching the waves come over the bow, along the deck and over the winscreen onto you laps.

For what Perrazi wants I would personally be looking at a 141 as its a nice compromise for river work (depending where you will generally be boating) big enough to take all that extra gear (and people) you seem to get. My brother has a 141 copy with a nissan motor in it with a remapped ECU . Its got bags of power without being a V8. He spends quite a bit of time playing in the Ashburton River so it works in smaller rivers too

Marine and General Jet boats for fishing, hunting and adventure. Designed and built by Huntjet Jet Boats here in Nelson are building small Jet boats but the ones I have seen you would more likely "put on" rather than "get into"
    BRADS likes this.

Agreed, no fun being out in waves that big for us land lovers thow
    The 141 doesn't seem as popular as the 151 or 152 at least in the north island.
    Seems odd given that's the same just half a foot shorter.
    The short nose would be a disadvantage in big white water I guess?