Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Happy
  • 1 Post By northdude
  • 1 Post By Barefoot
  • 1 Post By scoped
  • 1 Post By northdude
  • 1 Post By nzcwk2005

Thread: Jimny bolt on parts?

Jimny bolt on parts?

Does any one know where to find a jimny after market parts supplier in nz?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Mudbits Tauranga ijust got me 4 new springs 4 new gas shocks full nolathane kit new steering damper etc. tardme for 1 inch body lift etc etc
    nzcwk2005 likes this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

northdude
    ive got an escudo that I use for getting into places but it also needs to be usable on the road mines not heavily modified as they don't need to be for if its going to be dual purpose im running federal at tyres that are a pretty standard size and cobra lifted springs and that's all ive needed theres no dorkal or massive tyres and its gone everywhere its been pointed mind you I keep pretty sensible about it as I have to be able to drive it home again I work on the theory that the reality of these vehicles is they are a light weight machine that are cabable of most terrain but they still need a weak point if you go putting massive grippy tyres on them your probably going to move the weak point further along the drive train and end up with a broken cv or something id rather the tyres slip than have a breakage out in the middle of no where if I get to a hard part where it wont go (which hardly ever happens) its time to get out and have a walk anyway id like to get a decent front bar for mine tho
    nzcwk2005 likes this.

What bolt on parts are you looking for.
    The first thing you need to start with is a rated recovery hook front and rear. There is nothing on a factory jimmy that I rate as a safe recovery point.
    nzcwk2005 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    What bolt on parts are you looking for.
    The first thing you need to start with is a rated recovery hook front and rear. There is nothing on a factory jimmy that I rate as a safe recovery point.
    Rated tow points are number one on my list. I bought new and would like to try to keep warranty so i think rated points are about it for now. However having an affordable spot to look for gear in the future would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    ive got an escudo that I use for getting into places but it also needs to be usable on the road mines not heavily modified as they don't need to be for if its going to be dual purpose im running federal at tyres that are a pretty standard size and cobra lifted springs and that's all ive needed theres no dorkal or massive tyres and its gone everywhere its been pointed mind you I keep pretty sensible about it as I have to be able to drive it home again I work on the theory that the reality of these vehicles is they are a light weight machine that are cabable of most terrain but they still need a weak point if you go putting massive grippy tyres on them your probably going to move the weak point further along the drive train and end up with a broken cv or something id rather the tyres slip than have a breakage out in the middle of no where if I get to a hard part where it wont go (which hardly ever happens) its time to get out and have a walk anyway id like to get a decent front bar for mine tho
    I am much the same. I didnt buy it new to bog it. Just want it to be practical for the weekends and keep getting the wife to work everyday. the more and more i think about it i will probably aim for some tires, anchor points and leave yhe lift alone. Thats about all i did with my surf in the past and it worked fine for most stuff.

hi there I have an 04 jimny, theres the odd few parts, bushes, lift kits, lights , snorkels etc on trademe.

otherwise if you want skid plates and bull bars etc youll most likely get charged like a wounded bull as not many stores countrywide stock stuff for jimnys, not really a problem except youll probably wait a month to get it. if your a skilled fabricator/welder as I am lucky to be then you can make your own stuff yourself. one thing I would recommend is a set of little skid plates for the diff link arms as these get bashed easily on steep banks etc.

in all honesty I wouldn't go much more than a 3inch lift as from a lot of videos ive seen they seem to 'one wheel wonder' a lot with excessive travel

tyres, can be hard to source the right size, mine are maxxis trepadors in 205/70/15 however a few brands do 215 and 235 I think but they will most likely cause rubbing issues. the other really good tyre for these are the federal couragia. I wouldn't go too wide ,keep the tyre print real thin so you peno through the soft stuff into hard ground.

mounting rated hooks can be a bastard, I ended up welding eyes onto my tow bar for the back, and in the front I put a hook on the bottom of the chassis rail which I drilled a hole in the black part of the bumper for access. looks neat and tidy.

they don't have heaps of horsepower either so, I would take the back seats out which leaves heaps of room for you and a mate and don't plan on passing any big trucks or sole' vans in an instant
    nzcwk2005 likes this.
    #BallisticFists

northdude
    im running those federal couragias in 215 75 15 no probs with rubbing I had a set of nang kangs before that and thet were ok as well
    nzcwk2005 likes this.

I took my jimny up to the snow last weekend and put 1300km on her and had a blast. Handled great and zipped through while everyone was putting on chains and slipping around. Good fun.

Barefoot likes this.