Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Timmay

Thread: Landcruiser crankcase sump to air intake hose

Landcruiser crankcase sump to air intake hose

I've got a 1985 landcruiser with 3B that has a modification to the crankcase breather, which has been run from the crankcase sump to the intake between the air filter and intake manifold. What sort of hose should I be looking at? I assume it needs to be oil resistant and at least a little heat resistant too?

Talked to the guy that did it and he said people sometimes get it done to stop oil leaking onto driveways, as the normal system would just bleed the oil below the motor.

I've heard most newer engines have a similar setup with the oil and fumes that get pushed out of the oil sump just getting re-burnt in the engine, which makes them a little more environment friendly. Not sure if there are any downsides to this system that I'm missing? I'm a little worried about oil just sitting in the tube as the crankcase breather is lower than the air intake hose, but I don't really know a lot about the setup to draw any conclusions.
    Every day is leg day.

Ejected
    Use fuel line hose for this sort of thing, it's oil and heat resistant.

Did it on my old GQ with a turbo (runs pretty decent crankcase pressure) I just used heater core tube down to the chassis rail... She'll never rust on that side, and you can always alternate to the other each service to share the love.
    tetawa and LittleDave like this.