Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: LPG a word of warning

LPG a word of warning

Saw an email today where a worker carting a small lpg bottle on the back of a truck/ute securely fastened to the headboard has been fined $10,000 yes thats right 10,000 dollars for the hazardous substance sticker not being clearly visible...............

Now I dont know the situation and if the driver was being a prick or something but police could pay to exercise some caution here...........
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Work ute?

Yup

Even still its not enough to warrant that carry on. Must be a lot more to it
    Savage1 likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    LPG has to be over certain volume before its DG. How else do you get your BBQ bottle from the servo and back legally? What size was the cylinder? Same with petrol. I'd guess he had no MSDS either? Im carrying a little library around because of this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Even still its not enough to warrant that carry on. Must be a lot more to it
    One would think so... maybe he is fuckin the cops wife or something but even so...?

They want to be careful handing out those tickets if that is the new way to get revenue now everyone is too shit scared to get within 10kph of a posted limit.

A cops life would be worth a lot less than 10k to a large percentage of tradeys....just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    LPG has to be over certain volume before its DG. How else do you get your BBQ bottle from the servo and back legally? What size was the cylinder? Same with petrol. I'd guess he had no MSDS either? Im carrying a little library around because of this.
    Nope its DG, need a licence to cart over a certain volume. So in a work truck I can cart a 9kg barby bottle but the dg sticker must be clearly visible and securarly retained.
    Out of work I can stack my boot full of barby bottles good as gold.
    stingray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Nope its DG, need a licence to cart over a certain volume. So in a work truck I can cart a 9kg barby bottle but the dg sticker must be clearly visible and securarly retained.
    Out of work I can stack my boot full of barby bottles good as gold.
    Pretty sure you've not go that one 100% right. How does what your doing at the time make LPG more or less dangerous.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Pretty sure you've not go that one 100% right. How does what your doing at the time make LPG more or less dangerous.
    It doesnt, but being at work makes you liable for all sorts of shit.

All your leads and appliances tested and tagged at home? me neither.

It doesnt, but being at work makes you liable for all sorts of shit.

All your leads and appliances tested and tagged at home? me neither.
    Dare you then to drive your private vehicle past a mermaid with a trailer load of LPG bottles and no DG sticker.

One would think so... maybe he is fuckin the cops wife or something but even so...?

They want to be careful handing out those tickets if that is the new way to get revenue now everyone is too shit scared to get within 10kph of a posted limit.

A cops life would be worth a lot less than 10k to a large percentage of tradeys....just sayin.
    A cop can't issue a 10k ticket, someone is telling you porkies or omitting some very important parts of the story.
    stumpy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    A cop can't issue a 10k ticket, someone is telling you porkies or omitting some very important parts of the story.
    What is the limit a cop can issue?

No cause you don't have to tag leads in a non profit organisation! I carry a BIG bottle of LPG in my ute for my Bach on regular occasions, and oxy/Acetylene on as well! Have to keep it covered at all times, the H&S laws are bullshit, did a shut early this month, arrive at 7 am start work after all the bullshit talk at 9:30 after getting permits to work, have so much PPE on I can hardly walk. They had one of their worse shuts for serious harm accidents for quite a few yrs? Your to scared to fart in case it causes a hazardous dust storm! But hey it makes money for the Govt so may it long continue. Test tagging things like computers and printers to me is AGOOD money making exercise for me, but I've never found a faulty one in 7 yrs
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

LPG. 250L water capacity. Class 2.1. No placard required
    factsheets68 dangerous-goods-tools-trade

Sounds like it was a commercial circumstance, so it doesn't fall within the rules of transporting DGs for domestic or recreational use.
    They're probably talking about the actual label on the bottle rather than vehicle placarding.