Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: LPG a word of warning

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    A cops life would be worth a lot less than 10k to a large percentage of tradeys....just sayin.
    thats a fucking dumb thing to say...........just sayin
    L.R, ebf, Ryan and 1 others like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    A cop can't issue a 10k ticket, someone is telling you porkies or omitting some very important parts of the story.
    A quick google shows many many many tickets cops could issue over 10k, overweights on axels of trucks could well pass that.

20,000 for failing to give way to a rail vehicle on a level crossing...you cant ticket someone for that?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

VC that's where it gets way out of kilter, the fines are bloody stupid, lies will, already have been, told. A mans dies at my place of business because of his own stupid fault and I get sent bankrupt and it would probably make me very bloody sour. Max fine $500k for a director! What's the point? The dicks dead, and my life is destroyed, my business is gone, other workers no jobs, yep makes perfect sense. I be better to run the guy down in my car first thing in the morning to negate my risk? I'd be better off financially
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

A quick google shows many many many tickets cops could issue over 10k, overweights on axels of trucks could well pass that.

20,000 for failing to give way to a rail vehicle on a level crossing...you cant ticket someone for that?
    More likely done in court id say

What is the limit a cop can issue?
    I'm not sure but the amounts are set, we can't just make it up. I've never seen one over $600 that I can remember excluding some of the HGV fines, I'll have a look at work tomorrow if I remember, I'll ask the CVIU guy.

Fines for heavy trade and DGs are in the tens of thousands, aren't they?
    veitnamcam likes this.

Geeze worse than the IRD!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    Fines for heavy trade and DGs are in the tens of thousands, aren't they?
    Yes

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    thats a fucking dumb thing to say...........just sayin
    Just because you stick your head in the sand it doesn't make bad things go away.

Maca49 likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Just because you stick your head in the sand it doesn't make bad things go away.

Im not the one believing a secondhand email with more holes in it than a homeless mans sock, nor am I putting a price on a cops life (and yep Im a tradie too)
    Rich007 likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    I'm not sure but the amounts are set, we can't just make it up. I've never seen one over $600 that I can remember excluding some of the HGV fines, I'll have a look at work tomorrow if I remember, I'll ask the CVIU guy.
    I never said you could make up a fine

I said the fine is 10,000 because the fine is 10,000.
    It's up to 20,000 for not giving way to a train for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    VC that's where it gets way out of kilter, the fines are bloody stupid, lies will, already have been, told. A mans dies at my place of business because of his own stupid fault and I get sent bankrupt and it would probably make me very bloody sour. Max fine $500k for a director! What's the point? The dicks dead, and my life is destroyed, my business is gone, other workers no jobs, yep makes perfect sense. I be better to run the guy down in my car first thing in the morning to negate my risk? I'd be better off financially
    I would agree but many many many NZ businesses have considered their workers "expendable" in the past and unfortunately in rectifying the situation the pendulum has swung too far the other way, My own employer has gone from the old " just do it, its the nature of the job to be quite risky" to "health and safety is now the no 1 most important thing in the whole wide world forever and ever amen " and why well because now it might affect managements Personal pockets.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Yes our health and safety policy has gone from drag yourself to the creek to die ( that actually was the policy) to I must be seen to be doing the bare minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I would agree but many many many NZ businesses have considered their workers "expendable" in the past and unfortunately in rectifying the situation the pendulum has swung too far the other way, My own employer has gone from the old " just do it, its the nature of the job to be quite risky" to "health and safety is now the no 1 most important thing in the whole wide world forever and ever amen " and why well because now it might affect managements Personal pockets.
    You gotta get the culture right in ya muppets if you want Health and Safety to work. Big fines are not the way forward to start with. Everybody has to look after each other as if it is normal. Much of the crap I come across today is written by professional safety officers with little or no knowledge of the job at hand. Chuck covers on lathes and perspect cover on mills and drills are one of their wanking ideas! Any qualified tradesman finds them a pain in the arse, with poor visibility of what he's doing and more nip points, but what the fuck do I know I've only been working on them for 53 yrs! I agree that there have been some positive changes that needed to happen but if I'm worried every move I make may harm or kill me, it probably will!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Im not the one believing a secondhand email with more holes in it than a homeless mans sock, nor am I putting a price on a cops life (and yep Im a tradie too)
    People put prices on peoples lives all the time, if your really lucky and the company you worked when you were killed on the job can afford it your life might be worth 100,000 dollars.
    If your unlucky and are kicked to death outside the pub by a group of teenagers then your life is only worth the 20 dollars in your wallet for the taxi that they took.
    Not every one lives in a good neighbourhood has a firearms licence etc etc, there are bad people in the world.

The email went out accross a nationwide company.

Google it... that is what the fine is..only takes some one to write the ticket