Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: murphy ,you bastard

murphy ,you bastard

Some things in life are strange and some are just downright pains in the arse.
    hows this -yesterday ,hop in trusty desisel truck to trundle back from new base in greymouth ,to chch to see family and go to mates funeral.hit the otira gorge and whammo cook head on motor.
    this time im angle parked just in front of the boulder shelter on the upward leg!Fk....Me.....Rigid ,i blew me other bloody truck up at this end of the viaduct bridge ,exactly the/ same.
    anyhow a bloke stops ,and kindly offers to in form my crew in CHCH when he gets to Arthurs(cell phone zilch in my location.)
    shortly after another bloke and his wife pull up and very kindly offer to tow the SOB to Arthurs Pass.we duly arrived and i asked for his details so i could at least buy him a gift for his kindness but he refused.nest minute my caller friend arrives ,having driven back to the first spot,to tell me hed spoken to my chch crew.he too kindly declines my request ,saying i looked the type who'd help out if tnhey had broken down!
    My son rings me resulting in a 4hr wait at arthurs in pissing rain and wind,surrounded by coachloads of touists belching farting pissing and yabbering in my lugholes!! till him and mate arrive.
    With 4 strategic water stops ryan drove the old slag home whilst we followed behind.
    Anyhow theyve got contacts who apparently have a few of these motors so im assured she will undergo full surgery before being delivered back to me in grey!
    three crossings in two years -two blown trucks and wifeys car written off in MVA.

CMON MURPHY YA WEE BASTARD STOP LAUGHIN ,GIMME A BREAK!!!!

my deepest thanks to my unknown rescuers who lent a hand-you are truly members of good bastards INC.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Karma?
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Time to use ue lewis not arthurs?

Time to polish the thumb and hitch hike mate. Either that or take the bus.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I have given up on taking my truck past the carpark at mavora, 2 smashed windows, 3 punctures and a drowned truck.... Ok they are all sort of my fault but doesn't happen anywhere else!!

SiB
    Were the windows vandals or you trying truck body shaping skills ??

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Kotuku I am related to Murphy on my mothers cousins uncles side. I just rang him and said to give you a break. Of course being Irish he may have misunderstood and next time you may brake something.
    Huk likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by SiB View Post
    Were the windows vandals or you trying truck body shaping skills ??
    One was a low lying branch that appeared from no where the other was the back window closing over something sticking out to far

thank you rushy,so kind.as for the rest ,its bloody gratifying to see youre humour out in full force!
    223nut likes this.

It is good to hear that there are still a few good buggers out there willing to help out if your car craps out though. Good on you for trying to reimburse them

It happened with my other truck too.
    hardcase guy and his lady towed me through to arthurs in a truck not dissimilar to whats sulking outside my front door,but they wouldnt accept a gift either.

Maybe the pass is trying to tell you to stay on one side?
    kotuku likes this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    if that is the case well my response is two words accompanied by a very rigid raised middle digit.Im heading back tommorrow in mothers car so it can go rotate if it thinks Itll stop me this time.
    Beaker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Or to keep an eye on the temp gauge?
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

all of the fucking above with bells on!anyhow as itting here have just returned from farewelling me mate phil.
    phil a maori was a larger than life character -never said much but believe me he have had that yankee prick dropped skinned gutted and on the hangi hook before twump even realised his arse was in the fresh air.verbally phil swould have trump for an entree ,such was his mana
    first time Ive been to a full maori funeral -i was bloody impressed to put it mildly.I thought it was great when we all walked with phil from the marae to the cemetry and his final resting place traffic banked up ,but they just joined the solemnity of tne occasion.
    . his former wife spoke to me"......phil always said you were a big hearted bloke",a bloody great tribute from a man who also had a heart of gold.
    Phil patira ,nurse ,wine buff, rugby fanatic&netball(known to wear a lions jersey when ABs played em just remind the boys!!),maori historian,diplomat and alround good bastard rest easyPHIL your lifes toil has finished
    he lived for those he loved
    those he loved remember

excuse me guys for getting sidetracked but thats me ,that how i feel.
    PHIL mate -one final favour mate -could ya ask huey to give me a clear passage over the bloody otira gorge in future.
    Adios big fella.