Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: outboard issues

Quote Originally Posted by hamsav View Post
    Sounds like it has a crank case full of fuel to me ( assuming its a 2/ ) just the way you say it fires once after drying the plugs and the fuel dribbling out the exhaust . If it is a twoie remove the spark plugs ( and ground them ) , make sure the choke is off , open the throttle and crank her over , if there is fuel spraying out the plug holes your onto it . CAUTION ....if it is spraying fuel out ..... give some thought as to just where you ground the plugs as I have seen ( more than once ) said spraying fuel spraying straight onto the grounded plugs ...... which is why you keep the fire extinguisher handy. If you lean on the primer bulb to hard it is possible to "overpower " the float valves and massively flood the engine ..........
    and just to kick the discussion on a bit ..... I had a late model ( white ) 70 horse Johnson , when we traded it for a new 90aeto Yam ..... well it did everything better with the jonny , went faster , jumped out of the water quicker ..........now if I could have stopped it melting the odd piston I would have kept it , I did actually get it sorted but by then the Mrs had got sick of things blowing up in the middle of the ocean ( everywhere is the middle of the ocean when you cant swim and don't like waves )
    that actually sounds like it could be the case, i primed it hard when i go and start it, maybe i shouldnt next time. got it started and it ran a bit rough, gave it a blast for a couple seconds and it seems to be alright now. still a bit rough on idle but maybe its still clearing as i havent run it in water yet.