Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Quad bike brake cables can fail

time out have you got a new brake cable because the one I have is getting heaps of replies?Some dude was turning up tonight with a grand but i wasn't home.

I should of put the price up
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Must be some stretch in this new cable - got it home and took off the tie down straps - brake on and it rolled to the back of the trailer - adjusted the wing nut - took it up the farm yesterday - stopped on a hill to get off and do a job - brake on and it just wanted to roll - had to park it sideways on the slope and adjust the wing nut again - will have to watch it for a while until it settles down
    Had the spray tank and rear tray off for a service and the cable job - so thought I would give it a spring clean yesterday - when you get the mud off Dundee’s bike Shootm - it should look like this - a bit of CRC is a useful tool
    Give it a wash Dundee - you might double your money
    Dundee likes this.

[QUOTE=hamsav;354848]I would think that the " hand brake only " is bullshit . Heaps of farmers ride these things side saddle ..... with both legs on the LHS to operate the gears , leaving only the hand brake for the rear , and motorcycle clutch cables ( LH lever ) last for yonks .

I would say the Dealership owner and qualified bike mechanic who was on many Europen race teams would know what hes talking about and probably only bullshits if hes trying to sell you a new one.
    possibly you know more plus have more experience that's cool Clutch levers I d think have less force applied than a brake cable twice the length that actually comes to a full stop . Mine broke inside the sleeve, outer had cracked letting water in (had crossed a few rivers from time to time) must have got sticky in one place. Wasn't that hard to apply just normal then ping..

Do you seriously think the lever is on that side to promote and make it easy to ride side saddle .. Yeah I know we all do it. My mate now issues written warnings if staff have their kids on the quad.
    ride side saddle or of course for no helmets etc ... They do have to cross the road though so can get seen by many.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by time out View Post
    Must be some stretch in this new cable - got it home and took off the tie down straps - brake on and it rolled to the back of the trailer - adjusted the wing nut - took it up the farm yesterday - stopped on a hill to get off and do a job - brake on and it just wanted to roll - had to park it sideways on the slope and adjust the wing nut again - will have to watch it for a while until it settles down
    Had the spray tank and rear tray off for a service and the cable job - so thought I would give it a spring clean yesterday - when you get the mud off Dundee’s bike Shootm - it should look like this - a bit of CRC is a useful tool
    That's nice and tidy !!!
    mrs dundee likes this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    I think the bugger has sold it already

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

Once those cables start stretching you might as well replace them.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Once those cables start stretching you might as well replace them.
    It's a brand new genuine Honda part

It's a brand new genuine Honda part
    Oh right, didn't read your op properly. Haha
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootm View Post
    I think the bugger has sold it already
    wILL find out if the brake cable is sold tomorrow No polishing can get it as shiny as Time Outs quad. That must of lived in a shed.
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Sold sorry Shootm
    CFD

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Sold sorry Shootm
    No worries mate.
    Dundee likes this.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

Shit I would've bought that bugger aswel,got 1 myself already bloody good bikes but the mate was after 1...by the way Dundee she was far to cheap,could've put twice the price on it and still would've sold fast I needa give you a lesson in selling stuff in exchange for 1 of you're spot x's?
    Chur
    mrs dundee likes this.

Lost For Time
    Apply foot brake an hold. Apply hand brake and lock. Release foot brake. Plenty of LTF300 H-brake cable's fail early due to not doing this sequence.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt !

my can-am has hydraulic all round, foot brake does rear only and hand brake on left does front and rear. has a little clip to hook park brake on left handbrake, but being auto has park and neutral anyway so usually just use that