Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Quad, with power steering ?

Quad, with power steering ?

Has anyone here had experience driving any of these ?
    Would like to know if it's a feature that just sounds good, or works in the real world
    Cheers, Red.
    Muzzleloaders have big balls

It definitely works mate, stops the shock loading through the bars on rough ground.
    Makes bigger days in the saddle a lot easier
    JoshC and Toby like this.

Latest Beast... Power steering ... Ohhh so good backing the trailer up... How did we live without it ?

Get it you wont go wrong ... Name:  HondaTRX500.JPG
Views: 378
Size:  481.1 KB

And for the hoon in me heaps of go also..

Shit that quad is clean!!!!!!!
    Shame about the make
    falconhell and Toby like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Shit that quad is clean!!!!!!!
    Shame about the make
    It aint clean any more.. It was then.. There is no other make !!!!!
    JoshC likes this.

Cool info folks :thumbup: I'm considering the latest 500 Suzuki Vinson . . . . good field day deals to be had. . .
    NZHTR and BRADS like this.
    Muzzleloaders have big balls

There is
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371084382.447229.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  156.1 KB
    NZHTR likes this.

hows that rhino going brads? we had one, good amount of grunt but lots of things to go wrong with them... rolled yours yet? pretty top heavy i found haha.
    We have a john deer gator diesel now that doesnt have the power but is a bit bigger, goes quite well.

As for power steering, it is awesome! takes a bit of getting used to but is really good for driving one handed spotlighting and for 4wd etc

Yamaha?

Yes the PS does work very well on the new bikes. Just another thing to go wrong too though

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    hows that rhino going brads? we had one, good amount of grunt but lots of things to go wrong with them... rolled yours yet? pretty top heavy i found haha.
    We have a john deer gator diesel now that doesnt have the power but is a bit bigger, goes quite well.

As for power steering, it is awesome! takes a bit of getting used to but is really good for driving one handed spotlighting and for 4wd etc
    Rhino is great mate
    She"s no power house compared to a. 750 quad.
    Awesome for hunting & taking the baby out on the farm.
    Have found to very stable, more than a quad, lower and wider. Rolled it once but my bad I slipped of a track.
    We've had for maybe two years only cost has been servicing no majors yet...

Had two Suzuki's they were both dispirins and dissolved in water... Mind you fair while ago... Last TRX was a 2000 350cc. Had it from 2007 to 2013 serviced and a good clean once a year lost $500.00 when sold with two people
    fighting over it and not even advertised Hondas do tend to keep their value a bit... Just they are so bloody dear to buy . Mate milks 450 + cows. Went Suzuki based on price two years ago. Just replaced that with a new Suzuki again. Realises they last him two years not three or four like the Hondas ... This new (2011) one of ours is gross overkill for what it needs to do but in saying that will last 10 yrs easily and is great to ride.... Plus working next door to a bike shop I see things all day plus get the good run down from the boys who work there .. Some stories of two year old bikes needing heaps spent on them are scary ... Not Hondas either ...
    Apparently the rats do really like the taste of the wiring on the newer Hondas.. Not a problem as we have none but for some it could be ..
    I just kinda like the Hondas and always have ..

heres the beast you need

| Can-Am Australia
    BURN BABY BURN
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Had a can am atv, workers hated it, felt like crap to ride, traded in after 6 months.
    BRADS likes this.

well ive got both the honda 420 and the can-am 500 ive found that the honda is a distance behind next new one will be another can-am more ground clearance wider and longer wheel base more stable better shocks just alround better and more bang for your buck
    hey thats only my opinion and it also comes with winch not that i ve needed to use it cause i aint got stuck yet
    BURN BABY BURN
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Hondas are not worth their price. At landcorp we had only Hondas until they went through the roof in cost. A few Can am's were bought when I left. But the 420s were poo for fueling problems! 500s were good when towing a trailer load, but expensive and quite thirsty, one of the boys was using a tank of gas before mid afternoon each day
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone