Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Side x side recommendations?

we had a john deer 500cc ish petrol model to start with 4 years ago. way under powered on hill country and had issues with it. like when i say under powered it would get half way up a hill and run out off power. creek crossing in winter time water would get on the belt and start slipping . just not designed for your average farm, perfect for orchard use

MSL

Side x side recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    check out the NZ made Tuatara's
    ATV :: Lifestyle Tractors & Machinery Limited
    Made in China.
    If you made that in nz to that spec it'd be 50k

Im biased as at wrk at a honda shop.
    But the honda servicing cost are at least half of others ive seen.

I have worked at polaris and canam shop and you are forver doing, belt checks, a arm bushes , brakes and univesal joints.

Honda pioneer 700 powesteer would be my pick

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    bigbear likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo rem700 View Post

I have worked at polaris and canam shop and you are forver doing, belt checks, a arm bushes , brakes and univesal joints.

you are not biased mate it the way it is.
    rambo rem700 likes this.

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo rem700 View Post

My brother in law looked at the Honda 700 so my sister could take the kid in a car seat while shifting cows etc. they are an awesome machine, shit it could climb. He ended up buying the 500 as the 700 was more than they needed.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Yamaha
    We've used them for 4 years and have never had any issues happily recommend them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    YEAP YOUR MACHINE IS AWESOME ON THOSE HILLS OF YOURS NEVER FELT UNSAFE ONCE
    Muckos Shooting accessories and engineering https://www.facebook.com/aimnzengineering/

Been running a Canam Commander 800 for 4 years now. At the time demo'd the Polaris, Honda MUV, Yamaha Rhino and JD Gator. Biggest reason for going with the Canam was the engine braking. Stick in low range and you almost don't need to touch the brakes. Fantasic on the hill's. The Polaris and Gator require a different driving style as you have to give them a bit of throttle to keep the drive clutches engaged otherwise they freewheel down hills.

Biggest thing with the belt driven machines is to use low range when towing or on hills otherwise the belts don't last long. With my Commander, regular servicing (1500km) at the local dealer usually runs around $280inc GST with pick up and delivery. About the same cost as what the Honda quads were costing to service (not picked up though) when we had them (now run Yamaha's and never looked back!). I get about 5000km out of a belt. Fitting new belt is about $300.

Build quality on the Canam doesn't seem to be as good as the Honda's and Yamaha's. It does have a nice low center of gravity but deck space is pretty limited on the commanders. OK for 5 dogs and can keep fencing gear and chainsaw in the compartment under the main deck.

Picked mine up as a demo model with 500km on the speedo and saved 4k of the new price so was a bit of a bargain at the time.