Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Nice truck Doc. My brother just drove a series 3 shorty from Wanaka to Christchurch in the weekend, it was -4 at Tekapo and she just purred along the whole trip. He inherited it from our uncle, deal was it had to stay in the family and I'm on the list to own her later on.
    Yeah I missed out on that trip by the looks of the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Watson View Post
    I would quite like one of these one day, it would turn into another project though... engine swap with the 4.5l V8 in my RRC and parabolic springs would probably do the trick.
    These are full time 4wd with an LT95 arent they?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli_Dog View Post
    I would quite like one of these one day, it would turn into another project though... engine swap with the 4.5l V8 in my RRC and parabolic springs would probably do the trick.
    These are full time 4wd with an LT95 arent they?
    Yeah they are full time and then toggle levers for low range and CDL.

They are going up in price something crazy... as is every old Land Rover for some reason...

The whole thing is nuts - ten years ago you could not give away a series or early Rangie now a tidy original example sells for 10k plus with the latter more like 20!!

Still odd ball, poorly made, half thought out old trucks so far as I can tell... to want to buy one you just have to love them - which I do - there is no real value
    Last edited by Dr. Watson; 06-08-2017 at 07:45 AM.

Had a stage 1 for a number of years. Set it up as a camper with a double bed in the back. Ran very well on LPG. Wife and I did some magic trips in that prior to the kids arriving.

I traded my Hilux double cab on last years Suzuki. 'Zukerman' goes everywhere I want it to, esp with A/T's. Surprised a Prado-driving mate.

Going by the title I was expecting to see something with a stage 1 ecu upgrade. Guess that's not an option in the rover

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Army disposed of a few of these at auction about 4-5 years ago from memory. My mate bought an ex signals unit and a matching single axle trailer to boot. He just put them away in storage after giving the running gear a good going over. Lindsay at Christchurch Motorcycles bought 4 from memory, probably still has some of those stored up as he trades in all sorts of stuff, including Mil Mi-34S Helicopters.