Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Subaru Outback - AWD Station Wagon

I've got the model before 02 legacy twin turbo 5 speed manual haven't had any issues with it had it for about 4-5 years now getting between 500-600 to a tank $120 to fill on 95

That would go like the proverbial scalded cat on the Naki country roads

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    That would go like the proverbial scalded cat on the Naki country roads
    Lol yeah its not bad the 4wd traction definitely helps with the narrow country corners and the turbos definitely make getting past the convoys of Fonterra tankers a lot easier lol
    sako75 likes this.

So back to the Tiptronic question, any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    So back to the Tiptronic question, any advice?
    personally i don't like them ( real men use 3 pedals ) but i haven't heard anything bad about them in the subies my mate has it in his early 2000's wrx and loves it and working in car parts (you soon learn what cars not to buy ) i haven't heard any negitives hope that helps
    Last edited by EVILWAYZ; 17-11-2015 at 08:21 PM.
    sako75 likes this.

+1 to that - I prefer manuals (and I have an '02 GTB as well funny enough), but the tiptronic Legacies/Outbacks I've driven seemed decent enough for autos. Don't know of any real problems with them, the earlier previous generation auto box has a rep for wearing out around 180k but don't think the tiptronic has that issue.

the only thing with the wagon is you get a stag/buck in the back u regret it for a week or 2 until the smell goes but a small price i guess for putting meat on the table

Name:  IMG_0244.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  1,002.6 KBName:  IMG_0390.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  641.6 KB
    If theres lead in the air theres hope

Thread revival....

Time for a new set of tyres.... . Just browsing online $283 l tyre (spat my coffee when I multiple for 4) well I you get quality it's worth it pay almost that for mud tyres on the truck...

Anyone got reviews and ideas of a good tyre for 80% tarmac running with the other 20% snow and gravel, have chains so snow is semi-irrelavant...

i have an 07 legacy 3.0 with tiptronic as i couldnt find a manual. its my 3rd subby. i wont be buying a new one as they have gone CVT which is bloody disgusting.
    my 3.0 from chch to blenheim and back used $30 less gas than my 2.0 forester.
    they are damn nice for long hauls and pretty comfortable for us long legged buggas.
    in gravel and snow there is nothing better

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    i have an 07 legacy 3.0 with tiptronic as i couldnt find a manual. its my 3rd subby. i wont be buying a new one as they have gone CVT which is bloody disgusting.
    my 3.0 from chch to blenheim and back used $30 less gas than my 2.0 forester.
    they are damn nice for long hauls and pretty comfortable for us long legged buggas.
    in gravel and snow there is nothing better
    Pretty similar to mine, missus drove 8hrs straight and only stopped for gas (had spare o board). Dogs in boot, bag / rifle on seat good stereo, nice heater head for the hills!!!

what are they like to work on .... oil changes (tranmission, diffs etc) ...... spark plugs

Quote Originally Posted by kristopher View Post
    what are they like to work on .... oil changes (tranmission, diffs etc) ...... spark plugs
    I've dealt with better and worse... To be honest I only do a simple service, rest left to the garage

Quote Originally Posted by kristopher View Post
    oil changes are easy, you will need to lift the front of a legacy up to work under it though as they are very low. sparks plugs are a bit of a bugger but can be done at home. use decent plugs and forget about it for 100k (ngk iridium)

I've got an 05 3L Legacy. Spark plugs are a massive pain in the arse but doable. Most other at home stuff isn't too bad.
    rambo rem700 likes this.
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    Gets a little messy in heaven "
    - Venbee

Bringing an old topic back to the top, but have any of you original posters still got your Outbacks, and had any problems in the interim.
    I can't see the point of having 2 4wd Utes when one will do. Looking at ditching the Mitsi once I get it back from hospital and getting a daily drive Outback. I'll just use the Hilux for serious off road stuff.
    How much are the service costs etc, expected life of engine, any issues with trans when towing......ra de ra etc.
    Not sure if I'll go 06-08, or go flash 2012 onwards, 2.5 or 3, or whatever they're coming out in now