Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Thinking about a change - Safari or something else?

I own a patrol, sheer bang for buck here in NZ. coils, solid axles, factory lockers and PTO, easy to turbo if not already all for around the 5-6k mark if you look around. Huge aftermarket for them too if your into modding your wagons. Mine is approaching 500km, obviously not mine use but very reliable. It's been tipped over, water up around the stereo, the works. Drove a 70 series flatdeck as a work vehicle in Aussie, hard as nails. Mate in Aussie had a modded 80 series that I rate as the most competent road-going 4WD I have been in, it was nuts. It's not all about the badge on the bonnet, both have their good and bad points
    Timmay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    If the nissans were any good the cockies around here would be buying them. Their not. They are however going back to the cruiser.
    They are good, but for some odd reason they just don't seem to have a current model out that would be suitable as a farm vehicle, same with Tussock and Gimp in Oz with the mining/drilling company vehicles. The farmers and industrial users are unlikely to trade up to an older model. That is why I'd be going Cruiser too if buying new. But going back to a model in Gravelben's price bracket then the Nissan is a stronger option.

Toyota is the only one that had maintained a couple of tough work vehicle options and everyone else seems to have gone the softer route.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    I own a patrol, sheer bang for buck here in NZ. coils, solid axles, factory lockers and PTO, easy to turbo if not already all for around the 5-6k mark if you look around. Huge aftermarket for them too if your into modding your wagons. Mine is approaching 500km, obviously not mine use but very reliable. It's been tipped over, water up around the stereo, the works. Drove a 70 series flatdeck as a work vehicle in Aussie, hard as nails. Mate in Aussie had a modded 80 series that I rate as the most competent road-going 4WD I have been in, it was nuts. It's not all about the badge on the bonnet, both have their good and bad points
    Exactly.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

It's getting cheaper to buy a newer truck and paying someone to coil the front.