Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By scottrods
  • 1 Post By Maca49
  • 1 Post By GMH72
  • 2 Post By gadgetman

Thread: Ute Rego

Ute Rego

Just got my ute rego renewal.$274.08 for 12 months from July.Makes you wonder where they got the prices for the last few years.

ACC levies have dropped. Newer vehicles are safer, and newer vehicles receive the biggest savings.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PillowDribbler View Post
    Just got my ute rego renewal.$274.08 for 12 months from July.Makes you wonder where they got the prices for the last few years.
    But your ute and my humble van which I only ever use as a runabout are still slammed at the highest rates.

Thats not high both my Safari's and the toyota van are $333.52/12 months.
    Velocity is thrilling,but diameter does the real killing.

the new rates are not wholly based on "safety" features, they also include weighting based upon the accident rates. So if you were a hilux driver and there are more of them on the road, it stands to reason that it would have a higher crask occurance ratio compared to a lower selling 100 series landcruiser.
    JoshC likes this.

Thats an awesome rate was expecting it to be a lot more

Must be a FORD.

Man, what a circus the requirements are for keeping them legally on the road.

My rego runs out in three days so I whipped into the PO on Sat morning to grab a short-period licence to tide me over to the new cheaper rates. The nice guy at the counter tells me No prob, we'll sort the short term one plus next full year out in one hit. Filled out the forms and was handing over the plastic when he tells me No-go, the warrant needs doing first. Hadn't even thought of that

I'll kill two birds with one stone this week when it gets its service done. It's only money as they say...

Quote Originally Posted by 6x47 View Post
    Man, what a circus the requirements are for keeping them legally on the road.

My rego runs out in three days so I whipped into the PO on Sat morning to grab a short-period licence to tide me over to the new cheaper rates. The nice guy at the counter tells me No prob, we'll sort the short term one plus next full year out in one hit. Filled out the forms and was handing over the plastic when he tells me No-go, the warrant needs doing first. Hadn't even thought of that

I'll kill two birds with one stone this week when it gets its service done. It's only money as they say...
    Tax at every corner huh, I spent $744.00 this week to reg my FORD for the rest of this month and the next 12 months, put on 5000 ks of RUC and another 2000 k of RUC on my wife's car, at least I'll get the tax on the tax back called GST.
    Good thing I just sold my Golf, anybody looking for a Suzuki APV van. Then my worries will be solved
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Tax at every corner huh, I spent $744.00 this week to reg my FORD for the rest of this month and the next 12 months, put on 5000 ks of RUC and another 2000 k of RUC on my wife's car, at least I'll get the tax on the tax back called GST.
    Good thing I just sold my Golf, anybody looking for a Ford Ute. Then my worries will be solved
    Same day as the major moth invasion hit the bay. The day-you opened your wallet .
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Same day as the major moth invasion hit the bay. The day-you opened your wallet .
    Wallet? Shit I don't have enough money to warrant owning one!
    Happy likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Got the new HQ licencing fee, nearly $75 for the year... new fees are definately not based on safety features
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GMH72 View Post
    Got the new HQ licencing fee, nearly $75 for the year... new fees are definately not based on safety features
    When it's old enough to be registered as a classic. Brother-in-law had a Landie where someone had goofed entering the year and put in something like 1914. He didn't complain.
    GMH72 and Tommy like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Can't say I ever saw it running.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!