Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Auckland gong shoot

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    How many guys run mill dot reticles that are interested in this shoot as I would like to employ a few range finding excersies with out LRF -reticle range and shoot .

I have spoken with the farmer and he is cool -he wants to charge me $30 pp for the weekend which is 10 bucks less than normal for being on his property 2 days -cheap as chips!!!

I am yet to decide exact format but am thing of a six stage event 2 lots of 5 shots per stage prone and not prone -by that you decide how you shoot and with what ever you weant -tree , sticks, dogs back whatever . total 60 rounds
    I'm using a FM 4-14 FFP scope (untill i can save my clams up for a night force) I'd be keen to see if my gradients are indeed .5moa or 5cm at 100m. The crosshairs are a little comical but i can work with it. It is holding zero and it seems repeatable. Hey thanks for setting this up eh! I've been looking forward to a local shoot. Christian wants to know if the company .338 TRG is welcome...

As a calibre I have no problem personallty but the gongs will -unless we can have some gongs supplied that can handle that size impact we will be fixing them all day !
    I spoke with the farmer today and think around a month and a halfs time we could do it weather dependent .As far as guys coming from far away I dont think its worth it unless you really want to catch up with other members or are bored

As a calibre I have no problem personallty but the gongs will -unless we can have some gongs supplied that can handle that size impact we will be fixing them all day !
    I spoke with the farmer today and think around a month and a halfs time we could do it weather dependent .As far as guys coming from far away I dont think its worth it unless you really want to catch up with other members or are bored
    338's do no more Damage than the 300 RUM.... for the longer shots the only holes I have had in the Biz400 was from 250gr Scenars rest didnt mark.... most of my gong damage was when I left them setup and some decided that they would be OK to shoot at 100. Mild steel not so much
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

Most of the ranges are over 400 yards so if youre good with that with 338 on your gongs Im ok also !
    Can you send me an message with your number and ill give you a call .cheers

The farmer has intimated he would that we dont use any 300winmags and 338lm please .

We should have a great shoot and are also besides Muriwai beach so for any with 4 wheel drive and a surf caster you can fish at night

The farmer has intimated he would that we dont use any 300winmags and 338lm please .

We should have a great shoot and are also besides Muriwai beach so for any with 4 wheel drive and a surf caster you can fish at night
    I'm out then.

No smaller calibre lethal?? I have a 260 you can use if you would like to use it !

No smaller calibre lethal?? I have a 260 you can use if you would like to use it !
    I have other cals but I want to do a bit of sorting on the RUM and might as well set up elsewhere and spend the time to play with all of my rifles instead of a more formal shoot with one

Simple, find another farm. The guy is a twat, there is no real reason to limit, a 7mm rum will travel just as far and is just as loud as a 338LM.

As soon as you said he wanted payed I knew he was a twat but I bit my tounge......

He doesnt have the only farm up there, leave the arm chair and start knocking on doors
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money

Lethal , I was going to run this as a more formal shoot rather than a plink and it would still be good to have you shooting .I will go back to him and plead my case -nothing is ever set in stone
    Crazyman , up in Auckland in someone lets you on there land that is special! The land in this area has 10 acre block dwellers and other farm and rural houses only a bullet shot away -unlike the south Island where the land goes for as far as the eye can see we dont have that luxury .
    As far as money goes the farmer runs this to supplement his income which I will add is very little -again I have no problem with this -user pays and it aint much ! We have a unique farmer up here as many other "would not" entertain this and if anyone has a better farm please let us know!!!!!!

Dont worry about to much pleeding on my account as I have steel setup that I can use to set things up...Was more interested in the get togeather and informal type setup.

I can't get to many others along to that spot at this stage as they have sown the new grass.. Time for me to visit other freinds that I haven't seen for a while and can play on there setup as well...

When there is a charge to be on the property and an organised event it brings in more problems if things go wrong without the proper consents etc... Unlike to freinds gathering to sight a rifle in

if u want a plink lethal your welcome to come up with me if your stuck for a spot,I shoot most weekends -$20 a day although hewants to charge $25 with new people-email me if keen

if u want a plink lethal your welcome to come up with me if your stuck for a spot,I shoot most weekends -$20 a day although hewants to charge $25 with new people-email me if keen
    I have plenty of plinking spots just down the road for free but lack the time ATM

If you can't twist the cocky's arm count me out as I wanted to play with 300wm's.
    It sounds like too much hassle with the cocky - there's no difference between 308/300wm except for a little more powder behind the bit at the front end.

Cheers

all sorted !no probs now.Well shoot in month and a half-gongs needed .offers accepted.Please remember this is a formal comp type shoot 5 position --it will be hard