Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pride of the Island North versus South

Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    Yawn
    What?

oops that was a past life
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

So you lot have been talking about holding a postal shoot, i'd have a go at that. What sort of format though?
    Rimfire?
    Centerfire?
    Short, medium or long range? A varmint type shoot?
    How to make it standard for everyone?
    Positional shooting or just all prone supported?
    Time limits? Movement? A little bit of speed shooting maybe?

I would be happy to organise a rimfire event - targets, ranges, positions, timings. etc... try and make it even for semis versus bolts, heavy rifles versus light ones.

Id rather have a get together with the North Islanders and have a face to face shoot -not a game of battle ship,

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    Id rather have a get together with the North Islanders and have a face to face shoot -not a game of battle ship,
    Yeah, I think we get your lack of enthusiasim regarding the idea. Just an observation, but you might want to get a hazzard sign for your bottom lip, just in case you trip over it.
    Last edited by R93; 28-07-2012 at 04:06 PM.

So organise one! You have your one up North so ring around a few places and organise one a bit further south. I'd be more than happy to help out with targets and organisation however i am pretty busy as it is right through till at least the second week of October. November only has one free weekend left in it for me and i am already running probably two shoots in December and at least another one in January.

You may find most farms are a bit water logged at the moment to host a shoot and pretty soon lambing and what not will shut up a few more places. Andy and Philipo have a good location down in Horopito and I can think of one other location down their way that that would be ok as well. Access will be tricky though after some crappy weather. Like the sort you get in the winter.

I would expect that very few of the members on here shoot long range. Of them even fewer even want to compete in steel shoots (how many of them compete in F-Class?) so trying to get a few guys together becomes very difficult with everything going on in everyones lives. Hangawera has what? 30 odd attend, given the performances of most there how seriously do you think most of them take it? i would guess less than 10 actually take it seriously enough to compete in unknown distance steel shoots. Once a shoot has been going a few years and establishes itself more people will come (e.g. Hangawera and Gunslinger). Any shoot requires a huge amount of effort and drive from the organisation particularly if it is out of town.

I would be keen to try and attend, i dont want anything to overley formal tho because that just blows. Thats the whole reason i gave up on getting my B cat.

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    I would be keen to try and attend, i dont want anything to overley formal tho because that just blows. Thats the whole reason i gave up on getting my B cat.
    its an invite if and when it happens not a made to order for what you like and don't like
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    I would like a big NI/SI shoot too. Wouldn't need to be a contest, just a LR shoot would be good.

Reality is its too far and too expensive to make it big and inclusive enough. Lot of money for flights for a lot of member. I can only afford such things when Im working and have no time. The rest of the time I covert every dollar cos it means I don't have to go back to work!

I think we should do it one day, but it will need a major amount of logistics to make it affordable.

In the mean time, let's focus on how to do the contests.
    we can plink anytime and I wouldn't expect members from the south to attend this--it will be a long and short range comp design to promote an annual contest

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    So organise one! You have your one up North so ring around a few places and organise one a bit further south. I'd be more than happy to help out with targets and organisation however i am pretty busy as it is right through till at least the second week of October. November only has one free weekend left in it for me and i am already running probably two shoots in December and at least another one in January.

You may find most farms are a bit water logged at the moment to host a shoot and pretty soon lambing and what not will shut up a few more places. Andy and Philipo have a good location down in Horopito and I can think of one other location down their way that that would be ok as well. Access will be tricky though after some crappy weather. Like the sort you get in the winter.

I would expect that very few of the members on here shoot long range. Of them even fewer even want to compete in steel shoots (how many of them compete in F-Class?) so trying to get a few guys together becomes very difficult with everything going on in everyones lives. Hangawera has what? 30 odd attend, given the performances of most there how seriously do you think most of them take it? i would guess less than 10 actually take it seriously enough to compete in unknown distance steel shoots. Once a shoot has been going a few years and establishes itself more people will come (e.g. Hangawera and Gunslinger). Any shoot requires a huge amount of effort and drive from the organisation particularly if it is out of town.
    everyone gotta start somewhere Gillie and a free comp is a good starting place to learn and hook up with other members. Matt is keen to do this so well have good targets

its an invite if and when it happens not a made to order for what you like and don't like
    So you dont like sujections? Thats cool man u make it how u like and see how it goes.

Good luck to you

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    So you dont like sujections? Thats cool man u make it how u like and see how it goes.

Good luck to you
    were sorted with a format already that works ,no luck but good planning will see a successful event--by all means attend once its announced

were sorted with a format already that works ,no luck but good planning will see a successful event--by all means attend once its announced
    Thats allgood man its only a sujestion, Its your event run it how you wish.

Yeah i will depending on the format, from reading the posts i though it was more of an unformal shoot with some competion aswell.

Yes / no ?

Just trying to get an idea of how its going to run thats all no harm intedned.

we always run comps not plinking.you can always plink at home but not compete so its a little more special when people travel from afar-i like them to arrive at an organized event with things to achieve-after the event on the following day do as you pleasewith regards to plinking.