Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Te Kuiti Hunter Fied Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    3 of those nice ladies were lucky enough to be fondled by me, Weren't they lucky blahahaha
    Don't know about them being lucky... but i do know two of them were very deliberately kept out of your hands... particularly after what we saw you do to your browning...
    Philipo, mucko, Neckshot and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    If any one is interested, sixth place was a shitty old Remington in 220 swift. Three of the four I missed should have been dead. They were at 120-130 metres. The fourth was the 312(?) on the second to last stage.
    Noted but nice calibre!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Top five calibres, rifles, scopes:
    1st => 22-250, Blaser, Kahles 418TT
    2nd => 223, Sako 85, Swarovski 3-9x36
    3rd => 223, Sako Vixen, Kahles 4x
    4th => 260AI, Winchester Mod 70, Leupold VX3 4.5-14 CDS
    5th => 7mm08, Sako 85, Schmidt & Bender PMII

Well pretty sure anyway. Memory can be a little fuzzy...
    Often you get the top places taken by wuss-bag rabbit calibers.
    When I get the say, it will be like the Taupo Branch BIG BALLS shoot with a minimum foot poundage.

Nah - actually its like Gillie says its the nut behind the butt. Real keen shooters will have a .22 cal but I expect they would still come out on top placings if they used .308s. Same goes for the expensive gear - someone who shoots a lot justifies spending a lot on it but you don't have to. I reckon also, someone who has a nice reliable, good feeling, clear sighted rifle enjoys it more and gets out to more shoots. Another factor could be, like Woody said, that sticking with one expensive rifle is cheaper in the long run and you know about the man with one gun ... There were plenty of nice gear all the way up and down the rankings, several more nice sakos, the switch barrel Carl Gustav and the customised 6.5x55 that cost under $400 I'm told.

Age is another thing: generally older shooters shoot better (up to about 60yo IMHO). A 20 something is really up against it in competition (but not in having fun - it's a level playing field there !). It was good to see a pretty even spread of ages across the decades.
    mucko likes this.

3 of those nice ladies were lucky enough to be fondled by me, Weren't they lucky blahahaha
    You did very well - no first date performance anxiety there !
    Maybe this "man with one gun" thing isn't all its cracked up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
    When I get the say, it will be like the Taupo Branch BIG BALLS shoot with a minimum foot poundage.

Nah - actually its like Gillie says its the nut behind the butt. Real keen shooters will have a .22 cal but I expect they would still come out on top placings if they used .308s. Same goes for the expensive gear - someone who shoots a lot justifies spending a lot on it but you don't have to. I reckon also, someone who has a nice reliable, good feeling, clear sighted rifle enjoys it more and gets out to more shoots. Another factor could be, like Woody said, that sticking with one expensive rifle is cheaper in the long run and you know about the man with one gun ... There were plenty of nice gear all the way up and down the rankings, several more nice sakos, the switch barrel Carl Gustav and the customised 6.5x55 that cost under $400 I'm told.

Age is another thing: generally older shooters shoot better (up to about 60yo IMHO). A 20 something is really up against it in competition (but not in having fun - it's a level playing field there !). It was good to see a pretty even spread of ages across the decades.
    Fully agree with your post bagheera, my lowly remington 700 sps only has a bushnell trophy XLT scope on it and I am happy with it, for me it is comfortable to shoot so why should I try to look at the grass on the other side of the fence even though I still want another 7mm08 or a 280rem the 270 fills my needs in a hunting caliber for a while
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Hoy ya cheeky whipper snapper! What about us over 60! Woodys Shultz and Larsen 308 is nice. Pity he doesn't know up from down cause he would have been right up there!
    mucko likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    You did very well - no first date performance anxiety there !
    Maybe this "man with one gun" thing isn't all its cracked up to be.
    Yeah cheers Chris, shooting a lot of different rifles in a comp like that isn't something ya do very often & was quite good fun ( did also help that they were all very nice accurate set ups ) but there's nothing like using something ya know and fits like your own bang stick

You don't need all the "flash harry" gear to shoot well at a comp like this, as said partly it's the "nut behind the butt" but you also need a set up that works, is accurate & you have confidence in
    hunter308 and mucko like this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Yeah cheers Chris, shooting a lot of different rifles in a comp like that isn't something ya do very often & was quite good fun ( did also help that they were all very nice accurate set ups ) but there's nothing like using something ya know and fits like your own bang stick

You don't need all the "flash harry" gear to shoot well at a comp like this, as said partly it's the "nut behind the butt" but you also need a set up that works, is accurate & you have confidence in
    Fully Agree Phil
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Hoy ya cheeky whipper snapper! What about us over 60! Woodys Shultz and Larsen 308 is nice. Pity he doesn't know up from down cause he would have been right up there!
    Yeah. Bit of a brain fade or something goin on there. Doesn't help to screw the sight down instead of up. Never mind; gotta give the youngers a run now and a gain eh!
    Blaser likes this.

The man clearly has no shame.

At least that one was his!