Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By veitnamcam
  • 1 Post By Barefoot
  • 1 Post By mikee
  • 1 Post By mikee
  • 3 Post By gadgetman
  • 1 Post By craigc
  • 1 Post By Gapped axe
  • 3 Post By quentin

Thread: 14-16 ft frewzar/stabi

14-16 ft frewzar/stabi

Since My mate has brought a 6mtr plus hard top ,Im thinking a smaller 14 -16 ft rigid allyo inflatable maybe worth a look at . Light , safe , plenty of fishing room ,Can hunt , dive and fish , easy store and tow . Enough said anyone been in one ? how do they perform ? FREWZA F14 Sport Console
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I have looked briefly at a couple of Frewza, look good build quality... owners seam to like them heres a link

Frewza Alloy Pontoon Boats - The Fishing Website : Discussion Forums - Page 1

One of the big selling points seems to be the fact they will customise your new boat to your needs....something a lot of the big names have no interest in.

The older small stabis were very hard riding in a chop,apparently the newer ones with the pontoons that taper toward the bow are much improved, if looking at an older one look for cracks or repairs where the floor meets the hull and hull meets pontoon.
    Munsey likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I bought a boat trailer off a guy who got a cracker deal on one secondhand, he was using it for diving and fishing in the Manukau and around. He loved it, and said they handled the nasty harbor chop out that side well.
    I was looking of something of a similar size about that time (much like VC was actually) and was quite disappointed in the actual floor space in them.
    Centre consoles don't seem to help that to my mind, but that's just me.
    Munsey likes this.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Friend of mine has just brought one, seems well pleased with it. Running a 60HP Yamaha 4Stroke on the back.
    A lot of boat for his money he thought From memory hull/trailer package with Bimni etc etc was about $20K. He already had the outboard from his other boat which suffered "hull failure"
    Munsey likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Friend of mine has just brought one, seems well pleased with it. Running a 60HP Yamaha 4Stroke on the back.
    A lot of boat for his money he thought From memory hull/trailer package with Bimni etc etc was about $20K. He already had the outboard from his other boat which suffered "hull failure"
    Frewza?

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Frewza?
    yep Frewza 16 i think.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Was it a Frewza that I think @tikka from Blenhiem had on that forum trip a couple of years back?
    veitnamcam, Munsey and mikee like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Was it a Frewza that I think @tikka from Blenhiem had on that forum trip a couple of years back?
    Yes.

I've got a stabi 389 with 40 horses on the back. A great diving boat and good for towing the kids around in s biscuit. But a wet boat, which is fine for diving.
    Caught/speared many fish out of it.
    Munsey likes this.

I've owned two frewza dingys and absolutely love them. Unreal boats for soft ride and carrying capacity with smaller outboards. If you go onto the fishing forum link above there are plenty around the country that will take you out and show you theirs, also look at second hand ones as they don't loose a lot of value and there can be some reasonable buying. Cheers

Yeah I have the 4.1m high side tiller stearing model with a 30hp 2 stroke. Highly rate them in build and performance, been around all the Marlborough sounds and Durville island. The sport console model would be awesome.

I've got the frewza f14 dinghy with mercury 30hp on the back. Personallyou I would like more grunt. But awesome hulls

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    I've got a frewza and it's full of Venison and Hogget
    223nut likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

the fc is better than a pontoon boat just as stable but double the room ive had one for 3 years a fc430 14.1ft a mate of mine brought a 14ft stabi two weeks before I got mine as soon as I took him out in mine his was on trademe and he brought an fc

can have 4 guys plus spear fishing gear for 3 plus 70ltr chilli bin fill plus fishing rods and it still gets on the plane with a 30hp although I would suggest a 40hp is you were putting a lot of weight in it lots

I was originally looking at a Frewza, Stabi, and Surtees in that size range. Ended up with the Surtees for a few reasons. The deck space on the 4.7 center console is massive compared to the other two, the ride is superior in every sea direction, and it was a lot closer to go to the factory to discuss options.
    I've had it for about 5 years now, and would not consider anything else in that size.
    veitnamcam, Munsey and Shearer like this.