Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By kiwijames
  • 1 Post By 199p
  • 2 Post By JoshC

Thread: bag liners

bag liners

anyone here use a sleeping bag liner?
    worth the extra weight or do they add a bit of warmth?

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Yep, but more for summer when it's hot and sweaty. Using a silk one, keeps the bag a bit cleaner. Doesn't really answer your question though.
    Funniest joke is a mate who bought a super light bag and freezes his ass off in it. He has to wear every piece of kit he has just to stay warm but is too stubborn to admit the great idea wasn't so great after all.
    Blaser, BRADS and Micky Duck like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

I use a silk one everytime im in my bag.
    There is a newer thurmil one oit now i think. I find my bags too hot anyway just heaps easyer to wash the liner
    Blaser likes this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

SiB
    I swear by my silk liner. Bugger all weight. They keep your bag way sweeter and better to wash than a bag. I'd be thinking about one of those fleece liners if I was doing a winter overnighter.

Go for a silk liner. Adds very little weight and keeps your sleeping bag cleaner.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

silk Liner
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Aly
    Yes worthy investment for winter!! Not too necessary for summer though You can keep it in your sleeping bag when travelling. There are some great brands that at good warmth and extra chill protection. Torpedo7 does pretty good deals.

Silk one in the summer, micro fleece one in the winter. Fleecy one is like climbing into a bed with new sheets...so good. They add bugger all weight or bulk and are definitely worth the extra insulation and keeping your bag clean.
    Blaser and Smiddy like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Rite il check out these fleece ones, I find every time I sleep in cold I wake up stuck to the bag
    Freezing my nuts off

Yup they are worth the weight, I have a macpac one ads some warmth but most importantly it stops your body oils fouling the down in your sleeping bag which will decrease loft and warmth, mine also has a mosquito net which is an added bonus, especially in summer.

a single sheet folded in half lengthways , sown across the bottom and up the side works a treat, flannelette for winter and plain cotton for summer, you can fit a deer into one of these liners no issue to keep the flies at bay too.
    Im a cheap bugga so that's what I use.
    double sheet works in double bag too for when SWMBO is with you....you get to stay extra warm that way.

Duvet cover good too, for deer and liner if not fussy about bit of slack