Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: binos 10x42

budget is $1000, well budget is really $500 but if i was to get something substainaly better then i would go upto a grand

leupold warranty seems to take 10weeks plus. I was told vortex had a very good service but haven't had any personal experience myself

I read a lot into binos in roughly your price range and about everything I tried to compare with the vortex vipers were never rated as good. They seemed to have a lot of awards for best in there price range as well. Unfortunately couldn't find any in nz at the time but could import them from camera land for $600 ish on a demo model, which would be worth it even after import tax as they retail at about $1000 here. Ended up with a pair of minox BL and they are excellent.

I have vortex vipers and they're very good. H&f have them for i think 1100. Reloaders could probably get a pair. I got mine from Broncos in Tauranga. Only paid 800 about two years ago.
    High Country Boy likes this.

I bought some bushnell legends off trade me for $300 and they do everything I want. I haven't tried anything else to compare them to mind you.

IMO i would go to a local store and try them out, see what your eyes like.
    in Q4 of 2016 I tried Steiner predators, Bushnell legends and Elite HDs, as well as leupy BX-3s. My budget was $1000.
    took about 2 hours to see what my eyes liked, funnily enough i went there with the intent of getting the Predators but my eyes didn't agree. i was however fond of the Elites and BX-3s.
    in the end just went with the BX-3s as i wasn't convinced by the Bushnell warranty + the store seemed to push them to much for my liking (like they just wanted to get rid of them).
    my previous binos were vortex diamondbacks.
    BTW i imported from the states got them for $498 to my door. Stoked!

I was talking to a bloke the other day about scopes & warranties I settled on a meopta it has a 10 year warrantee so I asked why don't they have a lifetime one like some of the other brands & was told its a European thing seemly it was questioned whats a lifetime is it the lifetime of the person buying it or the product what if its sold etc etc so now the EU trade union set it at 10 years ..just thought id mention it.iv had 2 pares of cascades over the last 10/15 years found them very good but the eye cups have both fallen out of the set I have now seemly I can get a new set if I send them away but don want to be without binos for a couple of months.

Leupold cascades are nice for the money in your price range at around 5-600 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

keep an eye on open box specials on camerlandNY and specials on optics planet something may come up that saves you a few $ but factor in customs. Zeiss Terra and Nikon Monarch 7 are another couple that could be considered for under 1K I would be tempted by the tract toric HD sold direct from the manufacturer they seem to have reviewed very well.

My best value for money find has definitely been a pair of Steiner ultra sharp safaris ( in the bigger form factor) from top gear.

I've been a bit hard on bino's and a bit of a budget recently so didn't want to spent too much money but after trying @northdudes ones I couldn't not buy a pair. For under $ 350 when I bought them mid last year.
    They have a ability to stack the image so it almost looks 3D that has reall helped me with spotting game - they just stand out! It also allows you to sequntially scan different depth of field in your scan so I think I'm more disciplined in my scanning.

Well worth a look in my book!
    northdude likes this.

Nikon or Canon, camera lens makers know a thing or two about optics
    birch likes this.

This is a very good review and ranking site. Binoculars rankings - 10x42 - AllBinos.com

I have a pair of the Vangaurd. They are excellent value and have a "lifetime" warranty. For the money, hard to fault.

A really good retailer is Jacobs on the North Shore, Auckland.

The comments on this review at the bottom are why I went with Conquest HD's 10X42 a while back $800 open box special from camerlandny Carl Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42 - binoculars review - AllBinos.com More than a grand landed but I really like them.
    BRADS likes this.

Link to warranty with models covered in New Zealand.http://http://ampro.co.nz/bushnell/warranty/index.htm

Couldn't see how to edit the post - fixed link here...

Yes, that's covered!