Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Boots

Boots

Anyone had any experience with soles falling off boots?
    Got a pair of reasonable quality boots that are about two years old, but been worn for about ten days of easy wearing. The soles are parting from the upper. The NZ importer say some boots will fail in this manner if they are not used continuously.
    Does this sound like a yarn to get out of a warranty claim, or legit?
    I feel if it was legit, some boots would fail in the shoe shop.

(Hiax Nebraska)

If the importer is EZ Direct this doesn't surprise me.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Ask him why. Also ask him to show you the warning on the box which says "if not worn continuously these boots may fail prematurely ". Sounds pretty suspect to me.
    Munsey, tetawa and HNTMAD like this.

They're junk
    take them back.
    Will fail if not warn continuously??
    He can't even get his excuse right.
    Should be....
    Leave in the box if you don't want them to fail.

out of interest, what brand/model?
    .300 RUM Guy likes this.

Hey J,

You're being taken for a ride mate. Either the glue was incorrectly applied (or bad climatic conditions) or the bots have been sitting around and said glue has gone brittle - Given modern glues this would need to be in the order of 5-10 years.

I have seen boots disintegrate in the extreme wet though when the glue wasn't up to the task - usually (hate to say it) cheaper boots and mass produced usually the original glue hasn't mated with the leather or synthetic properly and then been coated with its cosmetic finish before the glue has taken to the leather and created a strong bond.

Some of the GRisport ones (and I love my Aorangi's) do this because they don't have a over toe last so when you apply tons of waterproofing to get to a point where the edges across the wide-point of the shoe start to lift just a little bit at the edges - but just allow to dry out a bit scrape the original glue back off and re-glue the leather to the sole. I also tape the repaired area closed to take for up to 72 hours. I used to do this with the old scarpas also

Never had a sole fall off my "Bullers"
    sometimes, Biggun708 and JasonW like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Never had a sole fall off my "Bullers"
    thats because ashley and bullers are awesome tetawa

Had the same thing with my Bestard Coto's. Happened after only a few months, and maybe 15-20 days on the hill. Sent them back to be repaired (at my cost), because I was told 'special' glue needed to be used. They were sent back fixed, with an invoice for repair and shipping in one of the boots (no discussion re cost prior to sending - I thought they were just going to fix a defect/warranty issue). I wasn't too happy about that, but paid it as I couldn't be bothered with a disagreement. Then after the next weekend trip the soles started coming off again. I followed up with a couple of emails - no response. Fixed them myself with come selleys super glue and they've been ok since and I won't buy another pair.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Had the same thing with my Bestard Coto's. Happened after only a few months, and maybe 15-20 days on the hill. Sent them back to be repaired (at my cost), because I was told 'special' glue needed to be used. They were sent back fixed, with an invoice for repair and shipping in one of the boots (no discussion re cost prior to sending - I thought they were just going to fix a defect/warranty issue). I wasn't too happy about that, but paid it as I couldn't be bothered with a disagreement. Then after the next weekend trip the soles started coming off again. I followed up with a couple of emails - no response. Fixed them myself with come selleys super glue and they've been ok since and I won't buy another pair.
    Bestard. Sounds like the same importer as Haix. Just one of many unsatisfied customers.
    So much for buy local (NZ) otherwise you don't get the after sales service.
    kiwijames, Munsey and JoshC like this.

Boots

Well I thought that joker who imports those boots was alright.... Looks like he's a wanker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Munsey and JasonW like this.
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

Quote Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
    Well I thought that joker who imports those boots was alright.... Looks like he's a wanker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't imagine everyone who has dealt with him has had a problem but I have heard a disproportionate number of complaints about him and his service. Ask @HNTMAD.
    Smiddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    I can't imagine everyone who has dealt with him has had a problem but I have heard a disproportionate number of complaints about him and his service. Ask @HNTMAD.
    yup, pretty similar to Josh, The guy has no way of handling feedback, the boots are ok ish, after sale service is shit, the repair i got was shit and after some time telling people they were great boots and getting wee PM's from him saying i was the only one that had that issue which felt like harrassment when all i was doing was recommending i hit the limiter.

Cock comes to mind

enough said or he will come on here chanting the same shit he did at the last pub.

My view with what i do in my business is fix the problem, take a hit and move on. I am in the process of making a new sheath for a guy as there was some miss understanding on what he wanted and he tried to make it work but was not happy....re do brand new one no charge, job done. I back my products. This is a $120 job and i dont make bugger all out of them as it is but i know he will be happy

Hamish
    puku, 7mmsaum, Bryan and 13 others like this.
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Anyone had any experience with soles falling off boots?
    Got a pair of reasonable quality boots that are about two years old, but been worn for about ten days of easy wearing. The soles are parting from the upper. The NZ importer say some boots will fail in this manner if they are not used continuously.
    Does this sound like a yarn to get out of a warranty claim, or legit?
    I feel if it was legit, some boots would fail in the shoe shop.

(Hiax Nebraska)

I would take him to consumer rights mate, Not fit for purpose and if they require special treatment ( like wearing everyday ) then it has to be stated.
    Munsey and Danny like this.

Yup take.him to task

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Munsey and Danny like this.
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

The boots weren't supplied by EZ, but they are Hiax. EZ are the ones I am in contact with. Very plausible explanation of the breakdown of the material, but doesn't make sense to me. Apparently the Nebraska is a boot which is not suited to occasional use. Their explanation would suggest that these boots should have a best before date on them.
    Was offered the resole option at $140. But might go with Josh's idea and stick them back together myself. Got some HG Fix All. That sticks anything together. Don't see the point in giving money to someone for a temporary fix.