Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Boots

hunters element ones have done that same thing,they look like sole is too big for the boot....faaarking useless and cant trust them for more than a half day walk unless they fall to bits completely..... go the mighty ashleys.
    tetawa and sometimes like this.

I don't get it.
    It's like saying, if you don't use your wagon, the wheels will fall off....

the glue has failed, I guess the "joker" might be suggesting that the factory couldn't be arsed to press the sole on properly and used a less than stellar glue, so, if you don't keep applying pressure on them (walkies) then serves you right if they fall apart.
    Not fit for purpose, factory fail, replace or refund if he has a conscience....
    I've had boots fail at the sole, by endlessly kicking my way thru scree. Simple abuse...
    They should last on the shelf as you say, else fail in the store.
    Feel for ya
    I bought zamberlains back when boots were my way back home and earned me a dollar.
    That was in 1986 and they're still going (better than me).

grrr, hate this kind of supplier.
    Shearer likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    So Ezi Direct was not the supplier?
    Even if he is a douche I'm thinking this isn't his problem other than brand damage for Haix (the brand he sells).
    JasonW likes this.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

It is not their stance on fixing the boots that I have an issue with, it's their explanation on why the boots have failed that I'm questioning.
    I agree with you kiwijames about it being a brand issue rather than an a supplier issue in this case.

He has a raft of plausible and non plausible reasons that boats break. I was given a couple and many others have too. I assumed that he was Haix nz, if not purchased from him take back to the purchaser to sort.

Reasons are given so as not to have to cover under warranty and therefore he don't have to pay. I call bull dust and take him to task. Email Haix direct and ask the question. Just had a though. EZ may have purchase on a 2nds type price and has to wear the warranty issue and is taking a hit and has no come back to Haix hence resistance to warranty. Something to consider

Hamish

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    The boots weren't supplied by EZ, but they are Hiax. EZ are the ones I am in contact with. Very plausible explanation of the breakdown of the material, but doesn't make sense to me. Apparently the Nebraska is a boot which is not suited to occasional use. Their explanation would suggest that these boots should have a best before date on them.
    Was offered the resole option at $140. But might go with Josh's idea and stick them back together myself. Got some HG Fix All. That sticks anything together. Don't see the point in giving money to someone for a temporary fix.
    Did you buy them in NZ? Wherever you did buy them is where you have to take up the issue.
    I know what you mean about the explanation though. Sounds like BS and what manufacturer in their right mind would make a product that deteriorated when you didn't use it? I can understand materials breaking down over time but not that quickly and not from under use. I have Scarpas that are over 20 years old and are still in great condition.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

hmm, note to self.
    no posting after 10 at night...

sorry for the rant, guys.
    guess I have issues.

Good call on it being a brand issue first but still crucial how the dealer responds also.

back to the cave.

Any more contact with the retailer? They are the ones to go through, they absolutely have to do something under the act.
    Not even a 'your money back' offered?
    Do you mind me asking what they cost you as I'd imagine them to be decent quality and at a decent price. @7mmwsm please keep us informed as I feel it's so important to have follow through with this type of issue. And this is an issue mate fare and square.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    So Ezi Direct was not the supplier?
    Even if he is a douche I'm thinking this isn't his problem other than brand damage for Haix (the brand he sells).
    Please explain why it isn't his problem?

Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Please explain why it isn't his problem?

Under nz consumer laws you go through the retailer who you purchased them from and they chase up there supplier
    kiwijames, mikee and Danny like this.

This thread had me very concerned as I had in the cupboard a pair of Meindl boots that hadn't been worn for 5-6 years. After a morning walk in them I'm happy to announce the soles are still firmly stuck to the upper.
    Gibo, Carpe Diem and 223nut like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    This thread had me very concerned as I had in the cupboard a pair of Meindl boots that hadn't been worn for 5-6 years. After a morning walk in them I'm happy to announce the soles are still firmly stuck to the upper.
    Nice mate quality glue, parent material and processes used by the looks.

Only would be worried if left at the front door or in direct sunlight for a period of years caused rubber-ised glues and soles (synthetic and natural) to go hard become brittle and fracture. Things have got better in the last few years with good manufacturers being conscious of using UV resistant materials. I have a pair of Innov8 that are about 7 years old that I mow the laws in and they have needed a couple of resole efforts due to this.

Some others - Good materials and processes - not so much... Caveat Emptor!

zamberlain

HnF now stocking apparently

bought in 1986, still going strong

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    Under nz consumer laws you go through the retailer who you purchased them from and they chase up there supplier
    ...and?
    Exactly!
    Dan M

My meindl boots had only a couple of years of not very hard use when the sole started to come away. Sent them back to Stager sport and got billed for the repair. Same thing happened a few months later. Got some shoe goo and fixed them myself after that.
    ANTSMAN and JoshC like this.