Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Boots

Quote Originally Posted by RedMoose View Post
    Do your feet end up very sweaty in them in summer?
    Yes. My stock manager has a pair. Likes them but yes hit in summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slightly off the topic (and we hope the admin dont mind - as we would like to help you), At RedMoose we can order them in for you if you would like, and while we don't have a physical store in Auckland we have a free exchange policy that if you purchase a pair and when you get them you notice they are the wrong size we arrange a courier to pick them up from you and we can send a different size out. Simularyif you order several pair of different sizes to try on, you can return the sizes that dont fit for a full refund. - If you want to know more then get in touch.

Hope that helps.
    Looked at the website last night and didn't see them on it so asked here.
    Will be in touch.
    I have the tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve

Do your feet end up very sweaty in them in summer?
    Very. Usually go for a light leather work boot when it's dry and a rubber boot when its wet over summer. The good thing about Boonies is they are a no maintenance (oiling etc) boot. Wear them out and throw them out.
    Biggun708 likes this.

I hunt in them a lot. Get a bit hot but I can put up with that. Never need to lace them up on farmland.

guys -if youre in CHCH nad need boot repairs go to Lee at church corner shoes and bags -down the chinatown alley.hes trained in the old school"proper way"boot repairs and ive seen himat work -Hes A1 conscientious ,bloody meticulous.saw him repair an expensive pack -virtually invisible by the time hed finished sorting a barbed wire fence gash.
    RedMoose and JasonW like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Just had a second look at my Meindl's, and O yes, the sole is starting to separate.Have only worn 5-6 times since new due to my love affair with Bullers. Should I buy glue or better to get them done elsewhere.
    Poor b'stard. My Makalu's have finally come adrift, but that's after about 15 years of heavy use!

The Original Striker
    my haix k2's have finally come adrift, Fuck it all. they are not worn every day day but used for at least 4 days every two months.
    I used them end of april on a couple of big walking days and were fine when I got back and they were cleaned them then bees waxed.
    the sole has come off the glue in half of the instep to the toe, both boots, one has a small amount of dirt on the edge, the rest of the separation is clean so its happened while its been in the cupboard.
    I had them restitched in the heel about 2 years or so ago but I'm certainly not sure if Ill trust them if I get them re glued.

may have to start looking at other brands maybe
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker

Got myself a set of Fitwell Vega from a mate bringing them in based in Chch, Vega | Fitwell footwear for professional mountaineering, alpine enthusiasts, backpackers and trekkers
    Took a while to break in, new boots on a 5 day roar trip was not ideal but they are going mint now.

Just got some of these to add to the collection.
    Name:  lowa.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  110.1 KB
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Luv the old skool look - Like Clint Eastwood wore climbing the Eiger!
    Shearer likes this.

I am close to the end of my AKU boots - about six years old - soles came off after about six months use - retail chain had left NZ so I had no support - took them to a local boot repair shop - $80 - looked like new but came off again a few months later - boot man said just keep bringing them back - we can sort it no charge - but a month or so back and five years since last repair they started to come apart again - I didnít have the cheek to ask for another fix after that period - but the boot man sold me a tube of Shoe Goo - amazing stuff and they are holding together well - also glued up my Wifeís boots
    But the sole is worn and I am slipping and sliding on my trapping tracks - so thought I would try some light weight steel - maybe Cyprus 6 crampons or Kovea in-step crampons - so went for the latter - grip seems better than slip - three days use so far and transformed grip on slippery rock, logs and roots - they stop you quick with roots under pine trash - but so far havenít tripped me up
    Going to town tomorrow to try on a pair of Vasque Eriksson boots - they had too big and too small - so hope these will be just right - has anyone seen any negative stuff about Vasque boots

Name:  IMG_2486.JPG
Views: 46
Size:  555.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2487.JPG
Views: 46
Size:  556.1 KB