Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Question British Army Gor-Tex Bivi Bag

Does any one have an idea of what the British Army Gor-Tex Bivi Bags weigh? the ones Kiwi disposals stock
    Welcome to Kiwi Disposals, South-Pacific largest army surplus provider

Cheers.

they are about 800 grams from memory. heavier than others but breath bloody well and tough as, highly recomemnd

sorry not sure on weight but have mates with them and they rate them highly.
    Probably not bad money either

Cheers for the advice guys!
    I am looking at doing the fly camp thing, rather than carrying the tent.
    Those of you that fly camp do you use a bivi bag as well? All my hunting is in the bush.

I fly camp with a tent, ive only got 2man 3 season tent that goes on most trips with me unless its day stuff.
    Although most of my hunting is open country stuff, its only the roar I go to fiordland for bush stuff. And as a good mate found out last year when he took his hammock and bivvy bag in there. Theres no where to get away from the sandflies when eating

How does the English bag compare to the US Army ones, weight wise, size etc?

I wouldn't go past the NZ Army ones. There are two models the Camo Milar one, and the green gortex one. Both are great and function much the same. The camo one is more readily available on trade me ect and they are made buy macpac (so that keeps the mind at ease).

These are far superior to the US Army ones, and in my experience are better than the UK surplus ones. Keep an eye out, they pop out from time to time.