Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: decent boots, not ridgeline crap

Quote Originally Posted by Freezer View Post
    Lowa Rangers , I'd post the sites but the NZ distributors are living in the dark ages and seem to try to shut them down.
    Yip I'd agree I've got a pair of lowa Rangers had them for about 7 years. These are my go to long trip boots and are very comfy feel like gloves boots for extended trips and anything involving steep steep country, shale or stone etc. I've tried a range of cheaper boots for day trips and over nighters, such as the Sika boot by evolve and for a while I thought the Grub was doing the business untill it crapped out after a few hard over nighters. However I've recently purchased the inov8 roclite 286 GTX trail shoe from bivouac store, these are 6 x lace up type trail shoe that have a decent sole , are goretek fabric , light weight and comfy. They weight about 280grams and are a snug fit , you hardly know your wearing them. I wore them for four days in the sun and rain during the roar and was very impressed with them, they did get wet after about the first solid day of rain but to be fair to any boot this would be the same I'd say, however even wet they where still lighter far than my lowas and humping out with a heavy pack of wet gear and meat didn't seem to make any difference. I wouldn't use them on scree or shale faces etc however I would suggest having a look at them if you want to think of something left field.

I went this way as I recently read that for every KG of weight you have on your feet you can easily double that in relation to weight on your back.

Anyway that's my 50cents worth 😁 Good luck with the choices available today ........

Name:  IMG_0333.JPG
Views: 607
Size:  229.0 KB

inov-8 Roclite 286 GTX Trail Shoe
    mikee and 57jl like this.
    Work Just Gets In The Way