Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: A few new knives - available to purchase

I guess the only way to know would be buy one. Not a lot of charging going on In ya hand though while using most of handle will be covered up??

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Where are you getting your leather stock from @Shelley? Gameco seem expensive and most saddlery supplies seem to only have massive lots. Also what did you use for foam in your kydex press? I have a couple sheets to play with but need to build a press next.

Like the handle shaping on that recurve, looks like it would fit the hand very well

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    Where are you getting your leather stock from @Shelley? Gameco seem expensive and most saddlery supplies seem to only have massive lots. Also what did you use for foam in your kydex press? I have a couple sheets to play with but need to build a press next.

Like the handle shaping on that recurve, looks like it would fit the hand very well
    I used to get mine from Lapco and buy a whole side, now I get a double shoulder from nz leather supplies. How much are you after, if just enough for 1sheath I could possibly help??

Hamish

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

@HNTMAD cheers man I will probably buy a bit as I will make a couple, I'll get you to do me up a good sheath when I've made knife worthy of it. I'll give nz leather a shout in the meantime, Cheers.
    HNTMAD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post

Yeah, pick up my leather from Lapco, but they are a pig to deal with lately, used to be able to walk in and lock up small pieces and hardware, now they want you to buy a whole hide, got some pieces you could have a bit though, veg tanned (don't ever get chrome tanned) green one one side, black on other.

For foam I used mats of stuff I bought from mitre10, sort of garage flooring mats, Have left over you could have too, or an old foam camping mat will work.

Build a press, not hard, just make sure it's strong and go bigger than you think you need by a bit 30 x 30 cm minimum, 45 better.
    Again if you want I can do the pressing for you, or if you are in Auckland let you use my equipment.

Yeah, I like ergonomic handles, feel in the hand is amazing, but you need to know roughly the hand size, kind of like a glove, not quite that precise but roughly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
    Yeah, pick up my leather from Lapco, but they are a pig to deal with lately, used to be able to walk in and lock up small pieces and hardware, now they want you to buy a whole hide, got some pieces you could have a bit though, veg tanned (don't ever get chrome tanned) green one one side, black on other.

For foam I used mats of stuff I bought from mitre10, sort of garage flooring mats, Have left over you could have too, or an old foam camping mat will work.

Build a press, not hard, just make sure it's strong and go bigger than you think you need by a bit 30 x 30 cm minimum, 45 better.
    Again if you want I can do the pressing for you, or if you are in Auckland let you use my equipment.

Yeah, I like ergonomic handles, feel in the hand is amazing, but you need to know roughly the hand size, kind of like a glove, not quite that precise but roughly so.
    Awesome thanks man, I actually have some floor matting around so will give that a go. Ill get a few under my belt then maybe we should meet for a brew and to compare notes. Would love to have a look at your grinder, the 1x30 and files works but sure takes a while

Until I get into it I think I'd need a piece somewhere around 150mm x 120 mm. Would you have a bit for sale? Thanks, Jase

How much do you need?
    Ginga likes this.

I am going to be ordering some more soon, costs me around $12 for courier and then around $25 for black, and more for coloured, around $30, then the camo stuff comes out around $75...colours there is black, green, orange, grey and brown.
    Next time I do an order I can grab an extra sheet if you want a specific colour, if you just want black then I probably have a piece that size at the moment.

Thanks mate. Blacks fine if you have it. PM me your bank account and total cost and I'll deposit the money.

Jase

I am going to be ordering some more soon, costs me around $12 for courier and then around $25 for black, and more for coloured, around $30, then the camo stuff comes out around $75...colours there is black, green, orange, grey and brown.
    Next time I do an order I can grab an extra sheet if you want a specific colour, if you just want black then I probably have a piece that size at the moment.

I do some work for a leather company, I'll ask if they sell smaller bits or if they have offcut bins I can raid perhaps.
    Nick-D and Shelley like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by jasec View Post
    Thanks mate. Blacks fine if you have it. PM me your bank account and total cost and I'll deposit the money.

Jase
    Send me your address so I can work out postage.