Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

Like Tree205Likes

Thread: The flashlight sticky

If people don't want the issue of variable delivery time buying Maxtochs via chinapost then EMS mail is a good option. Here's costing from Amanda:

"1pc M24 sent by EMS is usd22.00, 2pcs by EMS is usd26.00. Normally, if a customer purchases 3pcs M24 delivered to same address, we will upgrade the shipping way to EMS for free."

Means one M24 is still less than half the price of an inferior led lenser, but if you buy two say with a mate it gets cheaper still. EMS is an international tracked mail service and 5-8 days or so to NZ.

Note - Amanda has just sent a supply of spare O rings for the torch heads on the M24 and 2X. These can occasionally break if you get them in wrong place when screwing on head. They are available free to anyone who needs them - and also some new and stronger clips for the lanyards. Just let me or Brian (gadgetman) know.

I just brought a Heider CFX with the TIR Len. Hope they are as good as the write ups make them out to be !!

Sorry to have to tell you mate but Heiders are a scam. They are cheap chinese lights of lower output ($7-15) and their ads use beam shots from much more powerful lights. If you google CFX you'll come across alot of detail on their scams. Small, low power lights compared to leaders - maybe 15-20k lux tops. Check this out:

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/28031

On another matter - a non-scam light.....Holy hell!!!

Mate and I have a couple of dedomed Maxtoch 2Xs and they were very powerful - both running on U2 leds at 253,000 lux - up from 120k standard. Tonight gadgetman dedomed and swapped in some new U3 leds and have just done the meter testing on them. Same meter and same batts as last time.

Results: one 2X measured 291k lux, and the other 298k. That is serious power from a handheld torch - and still keeping beam width too. That's nearly 1.1kms ANSI max distance.

Wooo!

Just some info....

People often ask if they can buy the Maxtoch M24 already dedomed. Normally Bryan (gadgetman) does them here, but you can also now buy them from mtn electronics in the USA.

The proprietor there is Richard and he really knows his stuff - only sells good gear. And he now dedomes M24s to order for an additional $4.99US. Freight ex USA for the standard M24 ($67.99 - a great price) will cost a bit, but will be much more reliable than from chinapost.

Maxtoch M24 Sniper Upgraded Version - XM-L2 U2 LED Flashlight - 2 x 18650

He buys from amanda at Maxtoch same as we do - sells panasonic batts too.

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Sorry to have to tell you mate but Heiders are a scam. They are cheap chinese lights of lower output ($7-15) and their ads use beam shots from much more powerful lights. If you google CFX you'll come across alot of detail on their scams. Small, low power lights compared to leaders - maybe 15-20k lux tops. Check this out:

Heider CFX "750m throw" | BudgetLightForum.com

On another matter - a non-scam light.....Holy hell!!!

Mate and I have a couple of dedomed Maxtoch 2Xs and they were very powerful - both running on U2 leds at 253,000 lux - up from 120k standard. Tonight gadgetman dedomed and swapped in some new U3 leds and have just done the meter testing on them. Same meter and same batts as last time.

Results: one 2X measured 291k lux, and the other 298k. That is serious power from a handheld torch - and still keeping beam width too. That's nearly 1.1kms ANSI max distance.

Wooo!
    Ok so you are telling me that this is a Chinese website ???
    Metem Technology Co. Ltd. | Life Engineered
    Or that their parts are made in china ???

Quote Originally Posted by Natatale View Post
    Ok so you are telling me that this is a Chinese website ???
    Metem Technology Co. Ltd. | Life Engineered
    Or that their parts are made in china ???
    They are taking cheap lights from China, making ludicrous claims on performance and selling for 10x what you can buy for direct from China. I bought these for US$16 complete with batteries worth $8.

Heider CB1 Headlamp and Bicycle Light 750m by Heider | Metem Technology Co. Ltd.

3 Modes 1800 Lumen Bike Lamp CREE XM L T6 K11 LED Headlamp Bicycle Head XML Lights + 2* 18650 Battery + Charger+Car Charger-in Headlamps from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Just a different battery pack but you can buy whatever you want.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    They are taking cheap lights from China, making ludicrous claims on performance and selling for 10x what you can buy for direct from China. I bought these for US$16 complete with batteries worth $8.

Heider CB1 Headlamp and Bicycle Light 750m by Heider | Metem Technology Co. Ltd.

3 Modes 1800 Lumen Bike Lamp CREE XM L T6 K11 LED Headlamp Bicycle Head XML Lights + 2* 18650 Battery + Charger+Car Charger-in Headlamps from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Just a different battery pack but you can buy whatever you want.
    Ok so how do I make this thing bright and worth using ?? Is it a matter of just modifying the light ???

So...here's the Heider for $89US or $120NZ:

HEIDER CFX SUPER POWER TORCH 750M by Heider | Metem Technology Co. Ltd.

and here's the light it copies - a Sipik SK68 for $5.17 or $7NZ (delivered)

SIPIK SK68 120-Lumen Convex Lens LED Zooming Flashlight w/ Cree Q3-WC - Black (1*AA/14500) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

The Heider has an XML led but this is no real use in a tiny head zoomer torch - XMLs need a big head reflector to throw. I'd say use it for a house torch and then get a tried and tested one for hunting. Gadget could dedome it for you but its the wrong set up for that led.

Quote Originally Posted by Natatale View Post
    Ok so how do I make this thing bright and worth using ?? Is it a matter of just modifying the light ???
    As mudgripz said there isn't anything you can really do to it.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Oh well it works well as a spot light, I pointed it at a tree at 300m and it lights up the whole tree.

MSL
    What voltage are the Panasonic 3400's to be charged at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    What voltage are the Panasonic 3400's to be charged at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The charger normally sorts the voltage out but they should end up at about 4.2V

@mudgripz I"ll be needing 1 of those lanyard clips for the new retina burner.
    Add it to my U3 order please
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    @mudgripz I"ll be needing 1 of those lanyard clips for the new retina burner.
    Add it to my U3 order please
    I have the clips in the workshop.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I have the clips in the workshop.

Oh sweet as. I'll get 1 off you when you're de-doming my U3 then.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh