Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

Like Tree205Likes

Thread: The flashlight sticky

The trademe seller is 'gadgetguys' - different.

Here's a youtube vid of a guy testing out a dedomed M24 he got from Richard at Mountain Electronics in the States.

He's certainly a good ol boy from the deep south but he does show you the light. Camerawork somewhat unclear but you'll get an idea. They have alot more spill than shows in the vid - as he keeps saying. Apparently the night before he was watching deer walk around clearly at 400 yds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ewVMgnS9AI

Yep BEST torch I ever used for distance, but the Ultrafire 4000mh batteries I have (I think Chinese rip-off) just don't cut it, only last about an hour or so and then turn off, then you have to turn on to medium and lasts about 10 minutes then just turns off all the time.
    Last edited by Natatale; 06-05-2015 at 08:32 PM.

I picked up some of these from a post earlier in this thread.

Lithium Batteries and Chargers, The Gadget Guys

Work a treat for me and the torch is f awesome

Ultrafire batt claims are all bullsh*t.

The batts to have for the maxtochs are panasonic 3400mAh protected button tops - best lifespan and best runtime.

Need a Handcheld torch for spotlighting with charger and batteries.under $100. Need one in 3 weeks time. And go.....!
    #BallisticFists

Ejected
    The M24 is back in stock. The lovely Amanda said that this production run doesn't have the strobe function (yay for that, it's only good for annoying the other blokes in the hut).

There is no 1 cell version of the M24 but they do sell this 1 cell body to fit to your existing M24. I have ordered both the M24 and the one cell body because I am happy to trade reduced runtime for reduced weight on a rifle mounted torch.

M24
    MAXTOCH Sniper M24 Limited Version 1250lm, AR Lens, Copper LED Base, Long Shooting Distance Hunt Flashlight-in Flashlights & Torches from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

1 cell body
    MAXTOCH M24 Sniper body to contain 1pc 18650 battery-in Connectors from Electrical Equipment & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Ejected
    Mounts

There are many options but this is what I went with.

They are 30mm but come with plastic inserts that make them fit 25mm torches. Quick release mount on standard weaver rail

This is a pair of mounts
    30mm Flashlight Laser Sight Mount Holders for 21mm Rail Gun (Pair) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Single mount
    LSON KC04 Aluminum Alloy 21mm Gun Mount Holder for 24~30mm Flashlight - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

You of course need a weaver rail on your gun. Options include:

Offset weaver rail to get it out of the way of your scope.
    Universal Aluminum Alloy Side Rail Mount for 20mm Guns - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Scope ring with a weaver rail on it.
    Aluminum Alloy Tactical Gun Single Rail Mount for 25mm / 30mm Barrels - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Of course you could skip all that and go with something simple and plastic
    25.4~30mm Nylon Plastic Gun Mount Clamp Holder for Flashlight / Gun Sight - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Plastic isn't necessarily bad. It's worth thinking about that will break if you drop the gun and it hits the mounted torch. You don't want the weak link to be your scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    are there any good smaller single 18650 cell lights available?

What about single 18650 headlamps?
    The 'best' (my opinion, and depends on intended use) single 18650 light would have to be the Convoy C8. Awesome quality for the price and can be tuned to be extremely bright

This was a surprise - email couple of days ago from amanda at Maxtoch:

"We have some single batt versions of M24S. It is usd10.00 lower than 2pc-battery version (usd64.50). "

That would be a powerful wee single..

Ejected
    Maxtoch already sell a separate 1 cell body for the m24.

So if they sell a single cell body (no change of driver) the driver must have a voltage range of roughly between 3v and 8.5v?

Quote Originally Posted by logesearle View Post
    So if they sell a single cell body (no change of driver) the driver must have a voltage range of roughly between 3v and 8.5v?
    They are in series so the voltage is only ever 3.7v
    If you put the batteries end to end (Series) then the voltage is only 3.7v but if you put them side by side (Parallel) then you get 3.7v+3.7v=7.4v

Quote Originally Posted by Natatale View Post
    They are in series so the voltage is only ever 3.7v
    If you put the batteries end to end (Series) then the voltage is only 3.7v but if you put them side by side (Parallel) then you get 3.7v+3.7v=7.4v
    No no no no no
    Other way around!
    End to end = series = 7.4v
    side by side = parallel = 3.7v
    veitnamcam, gadgetman and mikee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by logesearle View Post
    Correct. That is why you need to use protected cells in 2+ cell torches. If the torch tries to drop the voltage to 3V then it will drop each cell to roughly 1.5V and wreck them. I use a single cell to test the torches after mods and they still work fine. The 2X will strobe on a single cell.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
    No no no no no
    Other way around!
    End to end = series = 7.4v
    side by side = parallel = 3.7v
    Ok so my odds where 50/50 bit like left and right, maybe I should stick to something a little simpler.
    Light on, Light Off
    Spoon likes this.