Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

Like Tree205Likes

Thread: The flashlight sticky

Chances are the problem is something real simple to fix like a loose wire and Brian will have it running before you can say fix this please. I don't own a Maxtoch myself but I've only seen positive reviews of them

Grotto
    Got the Maxtoch back from Brian, all fixed (and de-domed) - thanks Brian!

Apparently the LED had gone, first one he's come across so I guess it was just bad luck. Great to have service in NZ rather than having to return item to China. Supplier was helpful putting me onto Brian and responded very quickly to emails, so overall a good experience.

Hope to get a chance to use it on some rabbits next week.
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grotto View Post
    Got the Maxtoch back from Brian, all fixed (and de-domed) - thanks Brian!

Apparently the LED had gone, first one he's come across so I guess it was just bad luck. Great to have service in NZ rather than having to return item to China. Supplier was helpful putting me onto Brian and responded very quickly to emails, so overall a good experience.

Hope to get a chance to use it on some rabbits next week.
    Just be warned that it can make shooting rabbits difficult as they often run straight to you.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I find that rabbits don't stop with the led like they do with the halogen maybe it's to bright and hurts there eyes

Just to confirm the Maxtoch 2X will be available dedomed ex factory shortly - in production now. Depends what led its running but output likely to be between 250-300k lux.

Won't make alot of difference for kiwis as gadgetman has done hundreds of dedomes, but will be very useful for overseas buyers.

There will also be a remote pressure switch for the 2X so it can be scope mounted.
    Pengy likes this.

Been reading this thread for awhile Thanks to "mudgripz", "gadgetman + others for the great info.
    Got a m24s & some panasonics last week tried out the torch on some wallibies works great & good battery life, got a question for you guys is there any difference in battery life between the U2 & the U3 leds?
    Also got a Fandyfire STL-V6 torch is there anyway to get rid of the flashing/strobe functions, the torch also stops running & I have to slap with my other hand to get it running again, any ideas?

Thanks

The torch still uses the same constant current driver so the increase in output of a U3 over a U2 is efficiency. Batteries will last just as long, just produces more light.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by stub View Post
    I find that rabbits don't stop with the led like they do with the halogen maybe it's to bright and hurts there eyes
    Once de-domed the LED produces a yellower light and the rabbits sit better.

https://m.1-day.co.nz/products/AA7MR3CTF

Worth blowing $20 on y'think?

Was the LED fried or just de-soldered Brian?

All the ones that I've fixed have just been desoldered due to piss poor reflowing.

The Fandyfire STL-V6 above needs stronger springs and/or the switch replaced.

Chris

LED definitely kaput. Applied power directly to LED and there was nobody home. Looked a bit cloudy too.

Sent from my SM-G313ML using Tapatalk

Thats pretty random. Havent seen that u2 or even a u3 at stock current

Sounds really weird! I've only blown led's by putting 5v from a computer power supply through them on accident when testing

Quote Originally Posted by crnkin View Post
    Thats pretty random. Havent seen that u2 or even a u3 at stock current
    Statistically you'll get the odd one, not a major.

Are these available, if so is that with the pezel switch, batteries charger, would like some pricing if you could PM me.

I have one, but a mate who's not on here wants one but won't buy in from oversea's.

Cheers Craig