Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

Like Tree205Likes

Thread: The flashlight sticky

Wheres the best c8 torch for sale at the mo
    #BallisticFists

The Convoy C8 by far. The seller from the link below is the legit dealer. These lights are awesome quality and you can customise what you order - look down the page a bit.
    New Convoy C8 Cree XML2 U2 1A LED Flashlight,torch,lantern,lanterna bike ,self defense,camping light, lamp,for bicycle-inFlashlights & Torches from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
    I've ordered heaps of stuff from this seller and most of it has turned up within 2 weeks of ordering.

Sweet, is there any point in upgrading it, if so whats the best upgrade needed, looking at spotlighting small and big game.

Whats the burn time of these?
    #BallisticFists

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Good points mg. Olight make fine lights, but I would not pick their new M2X-UT as a better hunter than the Maxtochs.

* Olight is a factory dedomed light producing 164k lux. Maxtoch M24 dedomed free by our man gadgetman produces 190-210k, and the 2X dedomed is a huge 250-280k - much better output.
    * The Maxtochs' much higher output gives them greater range
    * The olight is a single 18650 whereas the maxtochs run two batteries = much better runtimes. Essential for night spotting.
    * Normal (non bulk, non sale) retail price for Olight M2X-UT is $109.95, whereas the better performing Maxtochs are $68 for the M24 and $75 for the 2X - much cheaper.

If people do want a smaller single batt light you can buy the short tube for the M24 at an extra $10. If people want a factory dedomed Maxtoch you can buy a factory dedomed 2X for $85 which puts out a whopping 280k lux - vastly beyond the M2X Olight's 164k - in fact it is also beyond the M2x's big brother the M3x which puts out 250k and costs US$149.95:

Aliexpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles and more

As far as quality goes you only need to read the comments for the maxtoch light packages on aliexpress. Kiwis hunters love them and buy them by the hundreds. Or read the owner comments on Fish n hunt website - these lights have gained a very good reputation over the years. Whatever you do don't try to read this whole thread - 59 pages and over 90,000 reads - that's their popularity. Gadgetman and I get very few issues - quite rare.:

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 - Maxtoch SN6X-2 upgrade soon....

There is a very good light man in the States - Rick who runs Mountain Electronics. This man really knows his lights, designs them, mods them, sells them, and he summed up the low-medium price, high performing Maxtochs very well:

"A while ago, I began searching for a light to bridge the fit and finish gap between the so-called "budget lights" and the much more expensive lights; with Maxtoch, I found what I was looking for! These lights don't just bridge the gap--they close it entirely! I consider the overall construction of these lights to be as good, or better, than any of the more expensive lights I've ever seen. The fit, finish, and presentation of these lights is top notch, with AR lenses, copper MCPCBs, great reflectors, nearly flawless HA anodizing and machining, and XM-L2 U2 LEDs from the factory. These lights look the part as well as they play the part. These are truly premium lights.

This is one of the best handheld or mounted hunting lights available at any price. The tube diameter was specifically chosen to be compatible with standard scope rings and this light is rugged enough to be used in just about any situation. "

So ... by all means buy a dedomed Olight M2X if you wish, but the dedomed Maxtochs are more powerful, have better range, better runtimes, and cost alot less. All those kiwi hunters have got it right.
    We had heard the 2X dedomed powers down quite significantly after you have shot 4 deer in a nite. Are they going to put out a torch that will hack heavy hunting?
    gadgetman likes this.

You'd bloody want it to power down if you have to carry four deer out....

I know these torches are good but now they know how many deer have been shot!!!!

Steven Hawking has warned us.......
    gadgetman likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by scoped View Post
    Sweet, is there any point in upgrading it, if so whats the best upgrade needed, looking at spotlighting small and big game.

Whats the burn time of these?
    Hmm what range are you hoping to spot animals at? One of my Convoy C8's can probably reach >500m but its been modified a bit.. In stock form they aren't really a long range torch.
    If you want a real long range torch without any modifying then the Maxtoch's will be the best option.
    The C8's are best suited to mounting on a .22lr

Hi guys
    Im currently in the process of buying a Maxtoch M24 for my new savage 17hmr as I hear its a great light on this forum.
    I was told the M24 would be more suited to being mounted to the scope instead of the more heavier and longer Maxtoch 2X?
    I haven't got a scope yet for the 17hmr so should I wait until iv got a scope so I know the exact dimentions of it before I purchase the scope mounts for the light off Aliexpress ?
    Thanks

No need to wait - the M24 will sit well on most any scope. Good variety of mounts available - burtonator on this site has some good ones.

thanks for the reply
    Should I not wait though because I don't know yet what size mounts I need?
    Cheers

If you get the ones I showed you they have plastic inserts so will work with 1" and 30mm scopes

For those of you that may be interested...

I have just arrived in country some Maxtoch M24 Sniper spot lights, these have the additional pretzel switch, Scope/barrel mount and in the bag the spares (O-rings, cord etc) they normally have. You'll also get a belt pouch free of charge.

I have 4, 2 are already accounted for so I have 2 available.

$150 NZD

Pick up Manly Whangaparaoa or freighted at your cost, be in quick for the last 2...

Cheers Craig

1 Left team...

A big thanks to Gadgetman, he dedomed 4 Maxtoch M24's that I got in, superb effort, Thanks Brian really appreciate it as i'm sure the new owners do as well...

Only took a few minutes to do them. I tried to show @MassiveAttack how I do it the other day but he blinked and missed it.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!