Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

Like Tree205Likes

Thread: The flashlight sticky

Quote Originally Posted by logesearle View Post
    Like these
    And they're pretty cheap.
    And you can chose multiple board sizes.
    And the seller is very reliable.
    And nothing else for now

Edit: And if you fcuk up de-doming, you have spares
    That one is too far the other direction. You want something in the neutral area to slightly warm. When de-domed this will give something more in the Halogen colour which is a lot less glarey when reflected off particulate matter in the air. The warmer colour spooks animals less so they hold better for your shot.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

what do you start with gadgetman?

The general consensus is generally to start with a 1a. That way it goes "halogen" and has no green in it. 1b and 1c go much greener usually.

Heaps of variation though, Vinh54 gets about 1/2 of his de domes tinted right and chucks the other half (or sells them for pittance) and im pretty sure thats from a 1a colour bin.

Chris

I've found that anything warmer than about 1A or 2A ends up too orange or green after a de-dome. I guess it depends on the use and what tint the user prefers to look at. Personally I hate green and really orange tints (and blue which most of them start at).
    The T6-4C has an awesome tint with the dome ON - would be ideal if we could get a LED to match that tint after a de-dome

The T6-4C has an awesome tint with the dome ON - would be ideal if we could get a LED to match that tint after a de-dome
    Absolutely. I've found a lot of the cool whites tend to come out as very slightly warm. Still too much glare.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

The 4C is amazing.

I run it in all the biking and car lights I build. Its so close to car headlights.

Chris

Do these new LED's that come stock without a dome solve our problem?

Do these new LED's that come stock without a dome solve our problem?
    They still have the cool white light so not so good for hunting. In the testing we've done a de-domed XM-L2 U4 running at 4.5A has the same light intensity as a flat top XP-L running at 6A, but because of the warmer hue the XM-L2 has much better throw and usability.

Do Maxtoch still supply the 18650 batteries? I'm sorta lost in the thread and somewhere it said that no one will ship them from there anymore? Was looking at getting some spares.... Thanks :-)

Ejected
    Can someone reccomend a decent charger to buy? Looking for a decent one as the current one won't fit the longer 18650's and I plan to keep this for a few years so it's worth investing in a decent one.

Nitecore D4 Universal. Around 45 to 50 buck. Awesome charger.

I found the Nitecore struggles with the long Panasonics but the grey Trustfire one works well. Sing out if you want one to try @MassiveAttack, I bought a bulk bag of them when there was a deal on.

whens the new maxtoch ready for sale?

Whats this shadowhawk light everyone is bleating about on facebook all about? Can blind a bear ha ha. Anyone got the inside goss? Im thinking bullcrap due to it coming from facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Whats this shadowhawk light everyone is bleating about on facebook all about? Can blind a bear ha ha. Anyone got the inside goss? Im thinking bullcrap due to it coming from facebook
    Yip, rubbish.