Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

Like Tree205Likes

Thread: The flashlight sticky

Quote Originally Posted by Markgibsonr25 View Post
    whens the new maxtoch ready for sale?
    Not too sure. I've got some new boards to test in them today, after that I think they will be ready for ordering supplies.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Yep testing finally finished today and we're very happy with new lightweight Maxtoch 2X. It is an absolute ripper!

This new model 2X is not just about a maximum lux (output) reading. We thoroughly tested various board/led setups and rejected some setups with higher lux but lower runtimes, wrong hunter tints, high output but inability to retain that output more than 2-3 minutes before stepdown to a lower mode etc.

In this new Maxtoch model we have gone for a very high level of overall hunter functionality. It has light weight (just 308gms), ideal beam type (flood plus very tight centre spot), ideal tint for optimum picture clarity downrange, mode outputs set for different hunter tasks, runtime choices, extreme range (round 1.2 kilometers), scope mounting plus handheld function, all mode memory, design to use standard 25mm rings, production quality, sub $100US price etc.

Very happy with this light - maybe a month or perhaps two max before its available. The led and board will also slot straight into the present M24 Sniper and upgrade that to 300k lux - brilliant little hunter.
    Last edited by mudgripz; 02-04-2016 at 05:29 PM.

What will it be worth approx mudgripz?

Unsure but Maxtoch keep prices down - maybe $85-90US delivered with carry bag, spares etc.

should i send my m24 up to gadget for a board change then?????

Not yet....

Quote Originally Posted by bumblefoot View Post
    Do Maxtoch still supply the 18650 batteries? I'm sorta lost in the thread and somewhere it said that no one will ship them from there anymore? Was looking at getting some spares.... Thanks :-)
    Any info at all? I will be buying a torch but will want a couple of spares too :-) Thanks :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bumblefoot View Post
    Any info at all? I will be buying a torch but will want a couple of spares too :-) Thanks :-)
    I heard through the grapevine (if I remember correctly) that they can ship a pair in a torch. Other than that it needs to be a sea shipment as dangerous goods. This would need to be a big enough shipment to attract GST and fees to make it worthwhile.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

@mudgripz

Do you have detail on the driver boards with respect to the maximum input voltage they can receive?

I'm wanting to mount just the light head to my rifle, make a cap for the hole left when you unscrew the battery tube, and run wires from a Lipo pack in my backpack. Some of my hunting missions exceed the run time of 2 x 18650 cells, and carrying additional cells is a pita.

I have some 4S 14.8V Lipo's that I use with my HID lights.

Would be nice to get a much lighter light head on top of my scope if I could. The Maxtoch does not compare to output with the HID lights, but is not far off for anything but the really long distance stuff.

Have a chat with Brian (gadgetman) - he's the electronics engineer. Could be an interesting adaptation.

The latest 2X is set at 350k lux on high mode and medium is set at 260k. Low is set at 50k specifically for closer range, possums etc. Medium or 'hunter' mode at 260k lux still gives over 1000 meters max and 100+ minutes on continuous runtime. (Panasonic 3400s). So carrying a couple of spare sets in shirt pocket when using mostly medium will give alot of shooting.

If you're in Chch you are welcome to borrow the 2X prototype to have a play.
    Matt2308 likes this.

I seem to recall that it was set up for a maximum of 2 cells or 8.4V. Which torch model have you got? PM your address and I can send you a spare board for if it goes pear shaped.

@gadgetman - it a Sniper M24 with a XM-L2 LED.

I might just sell off the 16000mAh 4s lipo and get a couple of smaller 2s lipos to replace it.

I did a quick side by side with my 35W 6" HID, and with the upgrade looming for the Maxtoch, I think its game over for the HID light.

The trees are at 150M. Maxtoch on the left, Hid on the right
    Name:  _MG_0234.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  715.5 KB

The hill is at 800M

HID
    Name:  _MG_0240.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  316.4 KB

Maxtoch
    Name:  _MG_0241.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  303.3 KB
    mudgripz and Tuidog like this.

Yes, we've ditched the spotlights. Has your Maxtoch been de-domed? To be honest I'd stick with batteries in the torch as it is a lot easier moving around, getting in and out of vehicles without wires. I find it much easier to pop a couple of batteries in the tube than get untangled.

Amazing photos Quentin - shows just how good the Maxtochs are. And there is a quick upgrade available for that little Maxtoch M24 torch which will pop it up another 30-35% in output. Can you put those photos into a youtube link - dam good reference.

The brand new model Maxtoch 2X we've just finished designing has huge 60-70% more output than the one in your test, and weighs only 308gms - nice and light for scope mounting or handheld.

This is why we have boxes of spotties including HIDs sitting in the shed.

Caretaker
    Where can i get one of the new maxtoch m24 torches ?
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time