Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

Like Tree205Likes

Thread: The flashlight sticky

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    OK. Thanks for that. Were these batteries that were listed earlier OK?

NCR18650B 3.7V 3400mAh 18650 Protected Li - ion Battery Rechargeable ( 4 PCS )-17.94 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Or typically how long will the two last? I don't do much spotlighting. But when I do we use headlamps to go from place to place and just turn on the spotlight to check clearings etc so a night shoot might have the spotlight on for say 45 mins max.

Going to be a few blokes sleeping on the couch come the end of the month when the missus sees the credit card bill....
    U reckon we should start a carpark for forum members sleeping in the truck with the dog?

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    U reckon we should start a carpark for forum members sleeping in the truck with the dog?
    Why do you think I made sure the new truck had a canopy instead of one of those hard lids? Bloody cramped sleeping under a hard-lid!!
    gadgetman and 223nut like this.

Look on the bright side - you'll be able to spot yr truck 1,200 meters away in a carpark with yr new Maxtoch after the wife kicks you out...

Kudu - those look like the right batts but ... you can ask Gearbest but I don't think they airfreight any more. Otherwise go the the Awesome fishnhunt forum and pm meathunta - he has some spare batts.

My M24 cropped out. Anybody local fix them?

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    My M24 cropped out. Anybody local fix them?
    Yup. Me.
    Pengy likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Just put my order in

Ok just got this email from Amanda at Maxtoch regarding latest cost of sending consignments of panasonic/maxtoch 3400 batts to NZ by ship:

"18pcs batteries to NZ is usd168.00 in total. 28pcs batteries to NZ is usd236.00 in total. It seems 28pcs is a better choice?

By the way, the shipping way is DHL. Please let me know the address in advance, as DHL has extra charge for remote areas. I need double check the postcode in case there's extra cost."

So 18 batts = $168US = $245NZ = about $15 each. And 28 batts = $236US = $344NZ = about $12.30 each.

So 28-30 batteries is best option and stays under the $400 import threshold when taxes kick in. Maybe 4-5 weeks freight time?

This is the only way I know to get high quality panasonic or maxtoch (rebranded panasonics) 3400 protected buttontops into NZ. Just a matter of ordering with some mates.

Kudu - the Maxtoch 2S light you've clicked on is now used more by police. Best to buy the latest 2X Shooter hunting light - much more powerful. If you need to get charger etc this is the setup for you:

Aliexpress.com : Buy MAXTOCH New 2X + 3400mAh Batteries + Charger + Holster, Dedomed XM L2 U4 LED, 1450lm, 1200m+ Distance, Ideal Hunting Torch from Reliable torch laser suppliers on EST GROUP Co., Ltd
    Well I have bit the bullet and just ordered one. BUT I just realised that I probably won't be able to use the charger as it will have an Asian plug...is that the case? So will I need some sort of adapter?

Thanks.

So Amanda won't sell any boards to upgrade the 6 m24 lights we have??

Usually the chargers have a 2 flat pin plug - and if parallel just angle them with some pliers. Works good for me.

MG - just asking about upgrade boards for the M24s today- pretty sure it won't be a problem.

Ok upgrade 4.5 amp boards from the new 2X are now available and will slot straight into your present M24s. Just finding out the price - won't be much.
    Matt2308 likes this.

Ok upgrade 4.5 amp boards from the new 2X are now available and will slot straight into your present M24s. Just finding out the price - won't be much.
    6 please

I'll be up for a 4.5 amp driver too.

Is there a requirement to apply thermal paste around the new driver board. I checked the one in the M24, and there was nothing there.
    Last edited by quentin; 09-05-2016 at 08:45 PM.

Yep I'd be in there for a unit too