Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

Like Tree205Likes

Thread: The flashlight sticky

Maxtoch have noted they won't make their new 4.5 amp board available for public sale yet, but Brian and I will bring some in for guys in near future. Price will be about $14.70NZ.

Will just wait week or two then do one order.
    Matt2308 and Natatale like this.

Well, my 2X arrived already this morning. Fast work from Maxtoch, I must say. First impressions: Big, light, & bright. Quite a yellowish tinge, which I assume is to provide good contrast?

Also, I recommend treating it like a loaded firearm. Don't point it at your face. Just don't.
    Kscott and gadgetman like this.

Wait till you get some bounce back via a wing mirror

My 2x showed up today as well... Minus the batteries I ordered at the same time, it said it had gone through ok. Guess i'll just have to wait. Think I have some old 18650 ultrafires lying around somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by p0stal b0b View Post
    Well, my 2X arrived already this morning. Fast work from Maxtoch, I must say. First impressions: Big, light, & bright. Quite a yellowish tinge, which I assume is to provide good contrast?
    That yellowish tinge works out just fine when used in the field. All of my other LED and HID lights are really blue in comparison, and tend to mask some detail compared to the Maxtoch.

Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    That yellowish tinge works out just fine when used in the field. All of my other LED and HID lights are really blue in comparison, and tend to mask some detail compared to the Maxtoch.
    Good to know, thanks Quentin.

Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    That's why we got them to go with a de-domed U4 rather than the very white and glarey XPL.
    veitnamcam and Matt2308 like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

A quick comment - if guys are doing an 18 - 28 bulk batt buy from Maxtoch, do specify exactly what type of 3400s you want. If you want protected button -tops which is what we recommend for these lights then specify that. Or if you're after flat-tops, tell them that. Otherwise their customer reps won't know and may send a mix, or the type you don't want.
    R93 likes this.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    I/m keen to buy a new Torch dedomed and powerful any takers
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    A quick comment - if guys are doing an 18 - 28 bulk batt buy from Maxtoch, do specify exactly what type of 3400s you want. If you want protected button -tops which is what we recommend for these lights then specify that. Or if you're after flat-tops, tell them that. Otherwise their customer reps won't know and may send a mix, or the type you don't want.
    For those of us new to this area....what is a botton top battery???

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    For those of us new to this area....what is a botton top battery???
    A button top battery has the positive terminal protruding past the insulation to provide electrical contact then stacked end on end.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    A button top battery has the positive terminal protruding past the insulation to provide electrical contact then stacked end on end.
    So in other words a normal type battery?

Yes. You can also get flat top which don't work well in a 2 cell torch.

Ok we have clarification re orders of 18650 protected buttontop batts from Maxtoch.

All the batteries coming are still buttontops - there are no flat-tops. Some do have a flatter looking top (positive terminal) but this is just a new design. The new buttontops have a wider flatter button but do same job as older batts, providing good clear contact with batt in front. So - no issues. Just keep ordering the protected buttontop maxtoch/panasonics and whether new or older style batt arrives won't matter. They'll all do the job.

My 18650s finally showed up!! Bout a week after the torch