Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree205Likes

Thread: The flashlight sticky

I have a M24 Sniper elite can it be upgraded to the new model ???

Yes they can be upgraded.

Talk to gadgetman - he may have a spare new board or two, and if not you can order new board and new U4 led from Amanda. Could be $20-25
    Matt2308 likes this.

I bought the small single battery torch for spotting around the house and trees on my place (3-acres) - as recommended on here. https://www.fasttech.com/p/3398408

I can't believe how much power it has for such a small torch! Helluva deal for US$17.34! I bought a pair of batteries and only took about 3-weeks to arrive. They came in the aluminium tube with a round circuit board (?). Can't wait to order one of the big torches!

It sure makes a change from the spotlighting I did with my dad in the 70's.... A motorbike battery in an old drench container with a strap and handheld spotlight and seemingly like metres of connecting wiring! I t's amazing how a little hand held single battery torch can easily match the old spotty!
    !
    Last edited by bumblefoot; 26-06-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Dead right - I remember those days.

My Maxtoch light is absolutely fantastic, but the battery life is a little lacking for those really long missions. I did not mind the remote battery pack on the HID light I had previously, so decided to do the same with the maxtoch.
    Works a treat. About 5 hour runtime of the smaller battery, and the calculator estimates about 11 hours on the bigger battery.
    I'll be upgrading the driver board as soon as they become available, so no need to run at the medium setting with this amount of run time

Name:  IMG_20160626_143153.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  841.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20160626_143117.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  515.8 KB
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    My Maxtoch light is absolutely fantastic, but the battery life is a little lacking for those really long missions. I did not mind the remote battery pack on the HID light I had previously, so decided to do the same with the maxtoch.
    Works a treat. About 5 hour runtime of the smaller battery, and the calculator estimates about 11 hours on the bigger battery.
    I'll be upgrading the driver board as soon as they become available, so no need to run at the medium setting with this amount of run time

Attachment 51228

Attachment 51229
    ok give us the low down on parts?I was in the process of mounting two on a helmet for hands free,Brian did give me a link to the battery packs from aliexpress.where did you source the rest of the fittings?

Quote Originally Posted by Markgibsonr25 View Post
    ok give us the low down on parts?I was in the process of mounting two on a helmet for hands free,Brian did give me a link to the battery packs from aliexpress.where did you source the rest of the fittings?
    A bit of lathe time involved to create the adapter, and the only purchased parts were the waterproof connectors.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/13mm-...628081969.html

The scope mount was the same used with the torch when it had it's battery tube.

The driver was unmodified. The negative contact was pressed down onto the associated copper pad, and the positive contact was crimped onto the positive terminal spring.
    gadgetman likes this.

A bit of lathe time involved to create the adapter, and the only purchased parts were the waterproof connectors.

The driver was unmodified. The negative contact was pressed down onto the associated copper pad, and the positive contact was crimped onto the positive terminal spring.
    pics?

Might have to order some of those. Be good for the yak and its electronics.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Markgibsonr25 View Post
    pics?
    Name:  IMG_20160626_172503.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  389.3 KB

Name:  IMG_20160626_170357.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  519.3 KB

Name:  IMG_20160626_165919.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  382.8 KB

interesting setup, @gadgetman can you overheat a maxtorch?

Good stuff ... you just can't stop kiwi boys pulling stuff to bits to mod them.......that's exactly how these maxtochs hunters happened .

And just to prove it....

New 2X and upgraded M24 doing really well now and I told Brian gadgetman couple of weeks ago we would likely not do any more hunting lights - these ones plenty good enough. For some reason he laughed. So anyway this week - as gadget has noted elsewhere - we started designing a new lightweight, very high performance, long throwing headlamp...

Initial idea is minimum 500m range, hi/med plus very low mode for walking, light unit detachable from headband for camping, two x 18650, side switch etc etc.. It will not be a little walker/camping light like the maxtoch HO1. Lightweight but a grunter..

Easiest thing would be just duct tape an M24 to your skull, but bit hard to rip off and you'd end up with a haircut like Elliot Dixon.....

So as usual if you've got some ideas/preferences this is good time to chuck them in....
    Last edited by mudgripz; 26-06-2016 at 09:53 PM.

Some headteacher you hear a buzzing and I feel electromagnetic and it gives me a headache, only had it with a led lenser model (2 times different torches same model). Something to do with batteries at the back and the wiring

Sounds like they were using a PWM driver in the led lenser. I have a torch which does this.
    My Fenix headlamps which have the same configuration (batteries at back), are all good.

Had an old petzel and it wasn't a problem (bloody auto correct headteacher.. Just tried petzll and it did petrol... Think the tablet is slowly learning)