Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

Like Tree205Likes

Thread: The flashlight sticky

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    interesting setup, @gadgetman can you overheat a maxtorch?
    Well Mudgripz has done a few tests where he charged the batteries and left the torches to run full noise, and slightly restricted air flow (and no movement) with no issues.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    Sounds like they were using a PWM driver in the led lenser. I have a torch which does this.
    My Fenix headlamps which have the same configuration (batteries at back), are all good.
    Yeah, they all use PWM to control the current/voltage. Sounds like a poor implementation of it. Point it at a fan or running water and you'll see it as you switch modes.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

New 365k Maxtoch 2X Shooter light very popular - selling heaps..

Just a quick comment on the 'new' upgraded M24 Sniper Maxtoch have just put on aliexpress. They just ran a series of tests on production batch and this little light averaged a stunning 305k on Hi, and 214 on medium = equivalent on med to what recent model had on high. So question is if you're buying a maxtoch now which do you buy?

Answer - if buying just one then get the 2X - more powerful and only 30gms heavier. But.... the fact is we almost never operate with just one light. We always have a handheld spottie when in the truck or walking terrain, and we have another light on the rifle. And this is where the M24 and the 2X make a perfect match. Have a 2X as handheld, and pop the smaller lighter M24 on the rifle. This is the combo I have and it works like a dream.

The upgrade M24 is one legend light - stonking output from a smaller unit. Can't say enough about it - and sako of same mind with his.

Aliexpress.com : Buy MAXTOCH New Sniper M24 Dedomed U3 LED 1350lm Hunt Long Shooting Hunting Torch from Reliable hunting torch suppliers on EST GROUP Co., Ltd

Comes in package deals too.

Has anyone tried a red filter on the front of their Maxtoch?

Ha @gadgetman what are the best options for infrared LED torches to use with night vision scopes ?
    Something in addition to the small built in illuminator on the units.

Something that would fit into the mounts from the Maxtoch M24

Quote Originally Posted by akaroa1 View Post
    Ha @gadgetman what are the best options for infrared LED torches to use with night vision scopes ?
    Something in addition to the small built in illuminator on the units.

Something that would fit into the mounts from the Maxtoch M24
    That is a good question. What sort of FOV do they have would be the main thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    That is a good question. What sort of FOV do they have would be the main thing.

Photon XT 46s 4.3 degrees and 7.5m @ 100m

Also would prefer something that runs on 18650s

Ok... So this thread is going to get me in trouble.

I'm pretty much set on the M24 dedomed with U3. That looks like it'll be the business on coyotes and rack a here. It'll be replacing my tiablo which is getting pretty old

But I have two other questions:

I could use a headlamp for frog gigging and checking cows at night. Any recommendations on this same site preferably taking the same batteries...

And. A car charger for the 18650 batteries. Is this safe and are some better than others?

Quote Originally Posted by .22-250 everything View Post
    Ok... So this thread is going to get me in trouble.

I'm pretty much set on the M24 dedomed with U3. That looks like it'll be the business on coyotes and rack a here. It'll be replacing my tiablo which is getting pretty old

But I have two other questions:

I could use a headlamp for frog gigging and checking cows at night. Any recommendations on this same site preferably taking the same batteries...

And. A car charger for the 18650 batteries. Is this safe and are some better than others?
    I use one of these. My brother-in-law uses them on the farm for checking the stock, and anything else.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2000-...08.0.56.Q3YK0l

Perfect thanks

For those who don't want to buy from overseas I see local company Choicetorch now have new 2X lights:

Maxtoch Shooter 2X Dedomed XM-L2 U4 *New* – ChoiceTorch

Not too bad price either considering they have to make their margin..
    Pengy likes this.

Have noticed that the 'peak' output only lasts 5-10mins even with good batteries. Was shining it around a valley as we walked up it, on the way back a few Min later it wasn't going the distance it was prior. Still shines out further than I can shoot though!

I have never noticed that with any of my maxtochs. There is a very slight change but not enough to be detectable with naked eye. Are you sure it was not simply atmospheric change - we have noticed even slight moisture in atmosphere - at times almost imperceptible - will make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Have noticed that the 'peak' output only lasts 5-10mins even with good batteries. Was shining it around a valley as we walked up it, on the way back a few Min later it wasn't going the distance it was prior. Still shines out further than I can shoot though!
    Are you sure you had it on full power and not one of the lower power modes?

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    I don't leave my Maxtoch switched on for any length of time other than what it takes to light up the target and squeeze the trigger.
    Just use a decent head lamp to navigate and find eye shine.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1