Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 81
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Good Kiwi buggers making stuff.

  1. #31
    Member Double Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Soon to be WBOP
    Posts
    1,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    I don't think Hunters Element are kiwi made
    OK smarty pants, designed and developed then, still got kiwi smarts in it's make up...
    70ml of 90deg C water pressurised through 13g of roasted finely ground tamped coffee for 25sec's to make a distinguishing sensory hit called a Double Shot

  2. #32
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    4,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Shot View Post
    OK smarty pants, designed and developed then, still got kiwi smarts in it's make up...
    Is that why their zips are so .......

  3. #33
    Member Tikka7mm08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North Loburn
    Posts
    1,757
    What makes you say that about Cactus? I get a work discount through them. Their gear is good, enjoying the rifle holder.

  4. #34
    Addicted puku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Maniototo
    Posts
    2,018
    Alan Hammond; quality duck and goose callers.
    HGD; awesome leather work.


    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Tikka7mm08 and HNTMAD like this.
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

  5. #35
    The Scope Whore ! Philipo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palmy Nth
    Posts
    1,942
    Terminator muzzle brakes
    A proud member of "Team Seagull" Chur

  6. #36
    Member Pengy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Up in da hills somewhere near Nelson
    Posts
    7,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Is that why their zips are so .......
    and the boots are shite
    hotsoup likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain

  7. #37
    Member oraki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Flatlander CSI
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    and the boots are shite
    Didn't want to hear that. My boy just dumped most of his possum fur money on a pair

  8. #38
    Member Pengy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Up in da hills somewhere near Nelson
    Posts
    7,026
    Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Didn't want to hear that. My boy just dumped most of his possum fur money on a pair
    It only my opinion, based on having had a pair for 6 months and the stitching coming apart within 5. Could be a one off.
    Forgotmaboltagain

  9. #39
    Member Steve123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    What used to be Franklin
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Shot View Post
    OK smarty pants, designed and developed then, still got kiwi smarts in it's make up...
    Stuff all this " designed and developed" shite. If its not manufactured here it doesn't count. I'm sick of only being able to buy shit made by over worked chinese slave labour that falls apart as soon as you start using it. You should be abe to invoice your wasted time to the cunts who sold it to you.

  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Quakechurch
    Posts
    858
    Sounds like you are the problem... with all your experience of all that cost effective imported product

  11. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Rolleston
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Stuff all this " designed and developed" shite. If its not manufactured here it doesn't count. I'm sick of only being able to buy shit made by over worked chinese slave labour that falls apart as soon as you start using it. You should be abe to invoice your wasted time to the cunts who sold it to you.
    Agree. Just marketing bollocks. I guess that makes Mercator knockoffs "designed and developed in Germany".

  12. #42
    res
    res is offline
    Member res's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    globe trotting
    Posts
    2,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    over worked chinese slave labour
    This out of date idea of Chinese factory workers has to die.

    Most workers in factories earn more after tax buying power per hour than someone doing the same job in NZ would, and the govt limits them to working 60 hours a week max-this is considered a short in China but even so most of the factory's I visit limit workers to 50 hours a week. There is a issue around workers using another if to work as two workers on different shifts but that's completely by choice.
    China is no longer the cheep place to get things made, and things are made to the quality that the brand wants and enforces.

    Personally I go out of my way to buy NZ stuff whenever possible
    Double Shot and Blisters like this.
    Using Tapatalk

  13. #43
    Member zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    This out of date idea of Chinese factory workers has to die.

    Most workers in factories earn more after tax buying power per hour than someone doing the same job in NZ would, and the govt limits them to working 60 hours a week max-this is considered a short in China but even so most of the factory's I visit limit workers to 50 hours a week. There is a issue around workers using another if to work as two workers on different shifts but that's completely by choice.
    China is no longer the cheep place to get things made, and things are made to the quality that the brand wants and enforces.

    Personally I go out of my way to buy NZ stuff whenever possible
    Yeah? Admittadly this report is a year old and there may have been an amazing change https://www.cnet.com/news/low-wages-...s-labor-group/
    Also recent TV footage (last night even) of severe smog poisoning their workers belies a happy situation.
    Steve123 and .300 RUM Guy like this.

  14. #44
    Member ROKTOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    515
    I prefer buying local, but sometimes price makes it prohibitive, I can't afford to buy from Swazi, so I buy Karrimor or whatever is good and within my budget. I do try to by second-hand when possible so I can get good NZ gear at times.
    A lot of Chinese made stuff is still rubbish but there is also a lot of good stuff coming out of there too, Look at the torches and cookers we are buying from there now. My $7 ali-express cooker gets more use than my $150 Kovea now, and they are potentially made in the same or very similar factories just had a name thrown on them.

  15. #45
    res
    res is offline
    Member res's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    globe trotting
    Posts
    2,770
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Yeah? Admittadly this report is a year old and there may have been an amazing change https://www.cnet.com/news/low-wages-...s-labor-group/
    Also recent TV footage (last night even) of severe smog poisoning their workers belies a happy situation.
    Yea

    Some things in that article don't read true, laws (that get managers life sentences) are being broken if what is said is true.

    Also, keep in mind that the total monthly pay quoted in the article is twice the average uneducated wage in shanghai (the city I live in and where the story is set).

    The pollution issue is real, horribly so-but changes are happening even in this front, the last year has been better than the few before it in Shanghai going on us consulate records. Still bad, very very bad at times but yesterday the air was better in shanghai than Wellington for most of the day-I'm anal about the air with little kids so am checking it about ten times a day via the us consulate and my own meters at home and via apps.
    zimmer likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Good buggers on the forum
    By SiB in forum Off topic
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 28-01-2017, 10:48 PM
  2. Fundraiser - Calling All You Good Buggers
    By gadgetman in forum Off topic
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 30-05-2016, 09:13 PM
  3. Got any tips for making chicken taste good?
    By hunter308 in forum Game Cooking and Recipes
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 31-05-2013, 02:16 AM
  4. Lost of good stuff
    By Hendrik470 in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 25-01-2013, 06:50 PM
  5. Some Jamie buggers around
    By Chris in forum Off topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-01-2013, 07:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!