Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Good Kiwi buggers making stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    I don't think Hunters Element are kiwi made
    OK smarty pants, designed and developed then, still got kiwi smarts in it's make up...

Quote Originally Posted by Double Shot View Post
    OK smarty pants, designed and developed then, still got kiwi smarts in it's make up...
    Is that why their zips are so .......

What makes you say that about Cactus? I get a work discount through them. Their gear is good, enjoying the rifle holder.

Alan Hammond; quality duck and goose callers.
    HGD; awesome leather work.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Tikka7mm08 and HNTMAD like this.
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Terminator muzzle brakes
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Is that why their zips are so .......
    and the boots are shite
    hotsoup likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    and the boots are shite
    Didn't want to hear that. My boy just dumped most of his possum fur money on a pair

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Didn't want to hear that. My boy just dumped most of his possum fur money on a pair
    It only my opinion, based on having had a pair for 6 months and the stitching coming apart within 5. Could be a one off.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Double Shot View Post
    Stuff all this " designed and developed" shite. If its not manufactured here it doesn't count. I'm sick of only being able to buy shit made by over worked chinese slave labour that falls apart as soon as you start using it. You should be abe to invoice your wasted time to the cunts who sold it to you.

Sounds like you are the problem... with all your experience of all that cost effective imported product

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Stuff all this " designed and developed" shite. If its not manufactured here it doesn't count. I'm sick of only being able to buy shit made by over worked chinese slave labour that falls apart as soon as you start using it. You should be abe to invoice your wasted time to the cunts who sold it to you.
    Agree. Just marketing bollocks. I guess that makes Mercator knockoffs "designed and developed in Germany".

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    over worked chinese slave labour
    This out of date idea of Chinese factory workers has to die.

Most workers in factories earn more after tax buying power per hour than someone doing the same job in NZ would, and the govt limits them to working 60 hours a week max-this is considered a short in China but even so most of the factory's I visit limit workers to 50 hours a week. There is a issue around workers using another if to work as two workers on different shifts but that's completely by choice.
    China is no longer the cheep place to get things made, and things are made to the quality that the brand wants and enforces.

Personally I go out of my way to buy NZ stuff whenever possible
    Double Shot and Blisters like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    This out of date idea of Chinese factory workers has to die.

Most workers in factories earn more after tax buying power per hour than someone doing the same job in NZ would, and the govt limits them to working 60 hours a week max-this is considered a short in China but even so most of the factory's I visit limit workers to 50 hours a week. There is a issue around workers using another if to work as two workers on different shifts but that's completely by choice.
    China is no longer the cheep place to get things made, and things are made to the quality that the brand wants and enforces.

Personally I go out of my way to buy NZ stuff whenever possible
    Yeah? Admittadly this report is a year old and there may have been an amazing change https://www.cnet.com/news/low-wages-...s-labor-group/
    Also recent TV footage (last night even) of severe smog poisoning their workers belies a happy situation.
    Steve123 and .300 RUM Guy like this.

I prefer buying local, but sometimes price makes it prohibitive, I can't afford to buy from Swazi, so I buy Karrimor or whatever is good and within my budget. I do try to by second-hand when possible so I can get good NZ gear at times.
    A lot of Chinese made stuff is still rubbish but there is also a lot of good stuff coming out of there too, Look at the torches and cookers we are buying from there now. My $7 ali-express cooker gets more use than my $150 Kovea now, and they are potentially made in the same or very similar factories just had a name thrown on them.

res
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Yeah? Admittadly this report is a year old and there may have been an amazing change https://www.cnet.com/news/low-wages-...s-labor-group/
    Also recent TV footage (last night even) of severe smog poisoning their workers belies a happy situation.
    Yea

Some things in that article don't read true, laws (that get managers life sentences) are being broken if what is said is true.

Also, keep in mind that the total monthly pay quoted in the article is twice the average uneducated wage in shanghai (the city I live in and where the story is set).

The pollution issue is real, horribly so-but changes are happening even in this front, the last year has been better than the few before it in Shanghai going on us consulate records. Still bad, very very bad at times but yesterday the air was better in shanghai than Wellington for most of the day-I'm anal about the air with little kids so am checking it about ten times a day via the us consulate and my own meters at home and via apps.
    zimmer likes this.
    Using Tapatalk