Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Half price Lowa boots and others

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    One point is that the price we can buy those boots online is less than what hunting and fishing pay for them.
    So maybe they should buy from the online retailer and piggy back on their bulk pricing and tell Lowa NZ to get stuffed.....

Quote Originally Posted by nzvermin View Post
    So maybe they should buy from the online retailer and piggy back on their bulk pricing and tell Lowa NZ to get stuffed.....
    Exactly!
    nzvermin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    One point is that the price we can buy those boots online is less than what hunting and fishing pay for them.
    How many are clipping the ticket on the way to the retail outlet at H&F, from what a wholesaler told me, " they want everything for next to nothing and then want to pay on the never, never."

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    How many are clipping the ticket on the way to the retail outlet at H&F, from what a wholesaler told me, " they want everything for next to nothing and then want to pay on the never, never."
    I personally think H&F would not purchase the boots as cheap as we can get them sourced. Doubt there would be much margin.

Sporting goods is just a category that is late to catch up to multinationalism. Stage one: it was cheaper to manufacture in overseas sweatboxes so NZ stopped manufacturing. And those who had been manufacturers became importers. Stage two: it is cheaper to import individually than by mass market agents due to the shorter chain and other commercial elements. NZ agents may fight a rear guard action by engaging in restrictive trade practices but their actions may become illegal in the very near future and are certainly morally wrong in our current neo-liberal economy. I expect dinosaurs didn't like smaller mammals stealing their eggs but mammals are now dominant because they adapted to the change in environment. Perhaps NZ sporting goods agents may survive by facilitating individual consumer needs rather than catering for mass markets that have evaporated in the new environment.

Quote Originally Posted by hotsoup View Post
    I personally think H&F would not purchase the boots as cheap as we can get them sourced. Doubt there would be much margin.
    The actual outlet might not, but I think you will find that there is others at the trough along the way.

Exactly, too many middlemen

Quote Originally Posted by nzvermin View Post
    Thats exactly my thoughts. If we can buy them cheaper than H&F why don't H&F contact myhunting shop and say "Can I buy 300 pairs off you." Then add a bit of a mark up (Not $300!) and sell them to the NZ public who don't want to buy on line.

I'd bet H+F can buy them cheaper than I can source them. There mark up is incredible.. Never been too a retail store sale before? haha. I'd guess at least 125% but then add freight overheads and gst..

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthaussie View Post
    I'd bet H+F can buy them cheaper than I can source them. There mark up is incredible.. Never been too a retail store sale before? haha. I'd guess at least 125% but then add freight overheads and gst..

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk
    Depends on the item. You'll see them sell a standard Tikka for $1300 or there abouts, I know their cost price is $1100. (give or take depending on model)