Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Hard to fathom?

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Some of the probs of business in NZ, no population, heaps of competitors and some crazy leasing prices. I'd hate to be in "retail". Then of course online is up you!
    Nobody forces anyone to keep a retail shop open. If a business model is shit, non-competitive and outdated, perhaps the owner ought to re-invest in something else instead of whining and engaging in price-fixing/non-competitive strategies like we see happening with retails blackmailing suppliers to try shut down Aoraki Ammunition etc.
    Wildman, Dougie, stretch and 1 others like this.

I would say they were flogging that as a loss leader, doubt if it will have much demand in the USA , where knives like svord are two a penny at knife shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    I would say they were flogging that as a loss leader, doubt if it will have much demand in the USA , where knives like svord are two a penny at knife shows.
    Have a look at any Svord on the same site. All similar pricing when compared to NZD. I first noticed it a few years ago.
    I wouldn't own a Svord.

I have a few Svords, most are just ok, one is pretty poor and one is very very good, but don't just take my word for it look at Josh James the kiwi bushman (Dual survival and kings of the wild, as well as his own YouTube channel), he puts that big L6 von Tempsky Bowie of his through hell and back (and a drop point hunter too), and it just does whatever he asks of it, not sure many other knives would take that sort of punishment without taking some damage.
    But yeah the prices are steep and most of the line needs finishing to ale them comfortable and more useable which is not brilliant.

I never pay attention to any video selebs regarding knife makes, most are just sponsorship , Ray mears has been sponsored by several knife firms even producing his own bushcraft knife, but often used a pukko, he made himself ,as to bear the less said the better, I have handled svords on a daily bases, but they just don,t do it for me.
    Dougie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
    look at Josh James the kiwi bushman
    no thanks
    K95, R93, Dougie and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    no thanks
    Hahsha I spat out my coffee!!! Brutal

(Ps each to their own, go well Josh but same here, yeah nah )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shelley likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt