Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 25/08IMP

Thread: Hearing Aids for hearing impaired hunters

Hearing Aids for hearing impaired hunters

Ive been using aids for 5 years and am about to get new ones.
    Im interested to see what others hunters find good or bad about their aids
    Hunting is relaxing just like Yoga except I get to kill something.
    If it Flies it dies and if it hops it drops.

I need me but can't afford them, lucked out with ACC, waiting for the new Apple iPhone hearing aid, believe you will be able to use your iPhone to tune in your hearing! Think they're meeting resistance from the Food and Drug admin in the USA! Need a spec savers for hearing aids
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Yep they are out got offered them the other day.
    Industrial deafness is a bugger I've had it since I was 25 too much foundry work.
    I didn't go for them.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Maca49 likes this.

I use Siemens Aquaris aids because there completely water, shock and dust proof. They can be fully immersed in water which gives me piece of mind when it rains or the sweat is pouring off during a climb. I damaged my previous pair due to water ingress so the decision to go with these was a no brainer, they are expensive though!

There user adjustable for volume and have wireless connectivity to your phone, tv and radio etc.

I still play the 'selective hearing' card when the wife tells me I need to do something though

Resound

Mine are excellent, make 'RESOUND' but at nearly 2 grand each, they wont be going hunting, probly lose them in some shit .....

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    I've had "Resound" brand units for 3 years now and they are amazing in the bush but the only hassle is sweat & rain as Hayden C mentioned, mine will come up with a fault code if they get wet. I now only wear them for bush stalking and wear a bucket style hat with a brim to keep rain off. I was fortunate as ACC paid for 80% of mine and at over 9K value that helps! I like the sound of those Siemens Aquaris being water proof, bit of a bugger I didn't know about these 3yrs ago.
    I have 3 modes programmed into mine for different listening preferences, one is really sensitive and I reckon I can hear a bush robin fart

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    I have Resound and at $9500 they don't go hunting, actually I hardly ever wear them. Mainly wear them when watching TV with others, or Court or when there is important things being said and I must hear. Born with 40% hearing in both ears ,same as Mum and Bro. Can't believe the difference it makes, scares me at times. Maca49, I also was turned down by ACC but Winz helped a bit. They reckoned because I was still young, it would be beneficial for all parties. This was someeeeeee time ago mind you. Thinking of buying a pair of Trade Me cheapies for hunting.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

I use Phonak in ear type aids at present. They have three different volume settings plus mute programed in. Wouldnt hunt without them.

Just a word of advice here (no pun intended) be very careful if you wear earmuffs, headphones or a crash helmet while wearing the aids. I've lost two doing that, it's not hard to do, but very expensive
    Muzzleloaders have big balls

It seems that the hearing aid companies are starting to target this demographic more:

Introducing NEW Camouflage Designs for your Hearing Aids! | The Official ReSound Blog