Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Help with new headlamp

sweet bro, hows the whanau

you have PM

will get the kids birthdays out of the way then ill let you know when im free

I know Barefoot already made a decision on what to buy, but I'm just throwing it out there that I use one of these for climbing and tramping:

Black Diamond Cosmo Headlamp - Head Torches - Climbing - Gear - Bivouac Online Store
    I find it handles prolonged, damp, cold conditions well (think winter in the Southern Alps) and although I've dropped it a few times from a reasonable height, it still works a-ok and the casing doesn't look battered.

It has no rust on the points despite the exposure to cold and damp - my previous Petzl headlamp rusted very quickly.

I do find I change the batteries fairly regularly (every couple of trips), but then, when I do use it in the outdoors, it tends to be on for prolonged periods at night - when doing descents, long walk outs, etc.

I'm very happy with its performance and robustness for the price. The three different settings (which I think is fairly standard these days) are very handy - bright light for action, dim light for chilling in the tent.

doing a bit of research for headlamps again....just to see whats changed and I came accross a couple of cheap AA models for those that wanted the same batteries as the GPS etc for long trips

Retractable 1-LED White Light Zoom Headlight - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Cree Q3-WC 2-Mode 130-Lumen White + Purple LED Head Light (3*AA) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I will still be staying with the 18650's but just thought someone might like them
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

Did you get sorted with a headlamp ? Have a spare Cree 1200 Lumen zoomable if that"s any use,runs 4 x AA's
    Gun control means using both hands

yip have a new headlamp now thank, and very happy with it.
    Even happier last night when I saw H&F are selling it for about $15 more than I paid for it.

OK was just surplus to requirements only owes me bout $25 ,some one may be interested .
    Gun control means using both hands

I didn't open the link but no doubt a spammer.

Admin?
    WillB and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Well after much umming and ahhing I've ordered one of these Storm Headlamp - Black Diamond Mountain Gear

It's a compromise between some of the powerful lamps out there now, build quality, knowing this one really is waterproof and will fit in my pocket on an extended "afternoon" hunt.

Thank you for all the advise, there certainly is a wide array of choices out there.
    Hey Barefoot you won't be disappointed with the Black Diamond Storm ,I've had one for couple years and use it nearly every night at work ,excellent headlamp pisses all over led lenser