Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: HI VIS GEAR

Quote Originally Posted by huglife View Post
    Hi
    I'm starting to get into deer hunting.
    I don't want to get shot.
    I've searched through the forums here and found that blaze pink is the best color recommended???!!!
    Do they make this for men or do you just buy womens kit? I must say that what I've seen on the net didn't look all that stand outy (I think it was the stoney creek pink stuff, kind of just looked pinkish white)
    I'm a pretty big fulla (hopefully that helps me not getshot) so might not be able to get the womens shit to cover me!
    I'm not all too worried about whether or not I get camo gear and gave up on looking cool ages ago. Would road worker type glowy hi vis kit with reflective tapes be best?
    I don't know how anybody could mistake that for a deer???! Not too worried at this point about being seen by deer, I figure they'll smell you and hear you 100 times before they see you

Sorry if this is repeating an old thread, I just want to stay safe.
    Peace out
    You have a better chance of dying driving to the bush then getting shot when there.

Quote Originally Posted by HNTMAD View Post
    like slipping over ah??
    Exactly. If that was into a creek or river things could have gone south really fast
    HNTMAD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    Exactly. If that was into a creek or river things could have gone south really fast
    Yeah but you were ready to spark up a Bon fire!! Very well set up this fella

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    199p likes this.
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

I never believed in wearing blaze my thoughts were if they can't see you they can't shoot you . Well that changed when I got shot at from about 50m away (very lucky he some how missed .) now I wear blue when hunting and so dose my dog.
    mikee and 308 like this.

like dougie ,if im out with mates we have very strict rules about fields of fire etc and above all TELLING EVERYONE IF WE ARE MOVING FORWARD INTO THE FIRING ZONE.
    shooting is strictly verboten whilst one is out retrieving game!
    Likewise if im hunting im always on the lookout for anyone or anything which may stray into the firing zone.
    308 likes this.

actually after reading my previous and on further reflection I've come to the conclusion that the biggest lifesaving factor in hunting or any firearms use is COMMON SENSE.
    As has been proven alas on multiple occasions,and in spite of rules hi vis gear etc etc,a lack of application of said commonsense ,even momentary, has lead to tragedy or at very least very sudden filling of ones knickers in response to a projectile hurtling by at close quarters!
    mikee likes this.

Name:  43.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  992.4 KB

Low light conditions orange anytime blue blends into the dark
    Fireflite likes this.