Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Hydration bladders

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    I been back and forth and sticking with bottle now

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    +1 always end up leaving them in the freezer and forget them for my next trip

I got sick of trying to clean the mould and crap out of the tube etc.. plus I had a couple delaminate on me.... gone back to the empty plastic water bottle now... cheap as and pretty easy to replace! !!
    kiwijames likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    Krapmandu ones are just that
    Keep my Platypus ones in the freezer till needed. Anyone else do that?
    +1
    Never cleaned mine yet. Just rinse it out with fresh water, half fill it and throw it in the freezer with the hose outlet positioned so it doesn't freeze over. When I go for a hunt, top it up with cold water and you have iced water for the day.
    sako75 likes this.

Have had a $10 Aliexpress one for a couple of years now. All good, no leaks
    Spudattack likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    I find a bottle to noisy. And if I have to stop and get it out of my pack, I don't drink enough.
    Agreed, with a bladder you can just sip away & I stay more hydrated than when I used to use a bottle.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

for what its worth I have had my Camelbak for 7+ years now and still going strong never a problem with it

I got one at Kmart of all places. Haven't used it as yet but when I do I'll let you know how it goes. I wanted something that allows me to take it as a bit of a day-pack from camp when going on longer hunts - so it has space for any essentials you'd want to take for the day. I think it was $25. It's obviously not going to be the best quality but is perfect for me in terms of $ and it being a bit of a rucksack too.

MB
    Got a cheap one years ago, Gelert branded I think. Whatever I tried, the water tasted of plastic. It was horrible. Valve also leaked constantly. It's put me off since then.

<---- Another satisfied Camelbak user.

I've gone to camelbak now and it's seems fine as others I've tried all taste plastic.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

You need to be able to clean them, otherwise they will go mouldy, eventually, whether that's bad for you or not I'm not sure.
    Camelbak make most of the good ones, even if they have a different name on the side...
    I also have a very sold stainless steel military style bottle, which you can also use as a billy, handy but heavy.
    Plastic is good for light and drinking on the go though. Just be prepared to chuck em, or look the other way when they start to grow muck in em.

Havent tried it yet so dont know if it works: but I recall reading somewhere if you rinse the bladder out, and add a few drops of vinegar inside, that it inhibits mould in them.

well my camelback is coming up 8 years, never had a problem with mould, rinse it out when finished using it left to dry chuck it back in bag till next time

Do the camel backs stink as you drink from them? Just asking because I hate the sound of sloshing water. Always used a 2lt plastic bottle that I'd crush down as I drunk to stop the sloshing.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

mine does not but I think the key with what ever you use is to make sure its dry before you put away