Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Hydration bladders

My 3 camelbaks are 3-5 years old. all kept in the freezer with a small amount of water in them
    Remove and fill when needed. Rinse with hot water and baking soda or vinegar afterwards, rinse and then return to the freezer.

Just a note, the plastic taste often comes from the quality of the hose, not the bladder.

Can't go wrong with Camelbak, had mine for years without issues. No issues with water sloshing noise, when you fill it up just makes sure there's no air in there....tip it upside down and expel all the air through the hosing! Easy as. As others have said, I just air dry mine over a couple of days, no issues with mould.
    Sideshow likes this.

Gibo mate I got a cheap $10 job off trademe few years back its been great, 3 Litre one comes in handy, one of my favourite spots doesnt have any water at camp so have to mission it down into a creek to fill up, probably 20 minute return trip so 3 litres is good just hang it at camp and its enough to cook with, clean up, have a few brews, brush ya teeth, then make a brew and bfast the next morning without having to go down to the creek each time

I've been using a Kathmandu one for a few years now, needed one that could be filled in seconds with minimal mucking around. But it's quite average, valve has started leaking.

My old one was a camelback and was much better, but I stuffed it by letting it get mouldy and then using some harsh solvent to try and clean it.

I just use water in mine now, no fancy crap, and it's fine, haven't washed it in years.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    I find a bottle to noisy. And if I have to stop and get it out of my pack, I don't drink enough.
    I use a 2l flexible water bottle, push out the air after you have a swig and no noise, rolls up to f all when empty and weighs nothing, but it can be tricky to fill up from a creek.

Leave them in freezer, if cleaning required use the Milton baby bottle cleaning tablets.
    Went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

I had a camel bak with the big fist sized screw in lid.... it would leak and cross thread all the time. Gone to platypuss, with a hose. ( carry two bladders one filled with electrolytes the other plain water ) and yeah if you loose a lid you can just use a fizzy drink bottle cap.
    As others have said store in freezer.

I have been using these things but had one fail. I have got my stainless bottle out so will see if it doesn't piss me off too much with sloshing

https://www.bivouac.co.nz/brands/360...k-bottles.html
    Sideshow likes this.