Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By 199p
  • 1 Post By Nesika
  • 1 Post By 223nut
  • 2 Post By Shaun@KUIU
  • 2 Post By mikee
  • 2 Post By Uplandstalker
  • 2 Post By Nick-D

Thread: Kuiu clothing sizing

Kuiu clothing sizing

Have been looking at the Kuiu site today and theres a few items I think I might get from them. Im interested in how their sizings are? Taking Sitka as an example I am a 34 in their pants, and a Medium in their jackets, but go to large for mid layer tops as I hate mid layers being too clingy. Are their sizings reasonably the same? I see the Kuiu Jackets are only offered from medium up, I don't want to order a medium and then find its what would be considered small. Any advice appreciated, cheers.

Sizes are good but quite fitted mate
    they have a really good sizing chart on there site

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Blaser likes this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

I have a 2xl Merino top from them and its definitely not loose on me I prefer to believe the sizing is on the small side as opposed to the more likely alternative!!

Having said that I should have brought more its good
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Have been looking at the Kuiu site today and theres a few items I think I might get from them. Im interested in how their sizings are? Taking Sitka as an example I am a 34 in their pants, and a Medium in their jackets, but go to large for mid layer tops as I hate mid layers being too clingy. Are their sizings reasonably the same? I see the Kuiu Jackets are only offered from medium up, I don't want to order a medium and then find its what would be considered small. Any advice appreciated, cheers.
    If you are located in the North Island I suggest waiting a couple of months until the Sika Show. Highly likely the NZ Kuiu rep (Shaun) will have a large display of items which you can try for size. You wont be able to actually purchase on the day, but will be able to order. Kuiu offered a sale for the weekend last year, so they may do similar this year. I will be checking out a few more items to add to my collection... Shaun is a forum member and a top bloke. @Shaun@KUIU
    199p likes this.
    See the unseen...

See this is why we need a big 'sika show' in the south island!
    hotsoup likes this.

@Ryan_Songhurst I can help you with any KUIU related questions. Thanks to the people above for sharing their knowledge too. @Nesika is correct we will be at Sika show again this year with selection of KUIU gear and for people to get their sizing correct. @199p is right with the sizing chart online been detailed and makes it easier for ordering online when unsure of sizes. Sizes would be very close to Sitka sizes, as both brands are designed for an "athletic" fit. I hope that helps. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message as always happy to help. Cheers, Shaun
    199p and Ryan_Songhurst like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    See this is why we need a big 'sika show' in the south island!
    Um......................we have the Tahr Show do we not??
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Um......................we have the Tahr Show do we not??
    Provided it actually happens..........
    Matt2308 and Ryan_Songhurst like this.

Im 5' 11" and 80 KG and I went Medium for base and large for jacket. I would fit a medium jacket to but wanted extra space to throw a puffy underneath. The large gives me that without being overly baggy.

The gear is all quality stuff too. I feckin love the pelton base layer. Best base/thermal I have ever used
    R93 and Shaun@KUIU like this.