Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gadgetman

Thread: LED M3R Torch

LED M3R Torch

Hi all,

I own a LED SEO 7R head lamp and am considering purchasing a M3R as a back-up lite weight torch for hunting trips. I read a write up in Rod & Rifle a few months back which suggested they would serve this purpose pretty well...Just wondering if anybody has any experience with these torches. How do you rate them? Does their small size make them uncomfortable or difficult to hold and use? The specs suggest both torches put out similar light levels.

Thanks
    See the unseen...

Get a Nitecore hc30.... Of gearbest... Best damn headtorch in the world.. Led lenser overpriced outdated and just not value for money...

Sent from my ZTE R84 using Tapatalk

i have one and love it. great beam and light weight. I have however buggered my switch a bit by constantly holding it in my mouth while doing things with two hands and not having a head torch on hand.
    Would highly recommend it

Nitecore end of story.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Thanks Buggun708 & Happy, will check the Nitecore out! Cheers mcche171 - my idea was a small lite weight back up torch which will spend most of its time in the day pack dry bag and only come out to change batteries on the SEO 7R or if it crapes out.
    See the unseen...

check out zebralite. Single AA . Light weight. And robust. I carry two with me.

Headlamp

Gone off led lenser products after I had 2 switch's fail on the same model headtorch and one hand held die when it was dropped on soft grass

The Maxtoch are a great little unit too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MAXT...6-a7804d53ddd8
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

How do you rate it next to nitecore, gadgetman... am thinking bout getting kids xmas pressies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Biggun708 View Post
    How do you rate it next to nitecore, gadgetman... am thinking bout getting kids xmas pressies!!!
    I haven't seen the Nitcore, but the Maxtoch is a very well made piece of kit. Not a thrower but great for trails and tents, etc. I prefer gear that runs on 18650 cells as they have greater energy density than alkaline.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

18650s are the way of the future for sure! And love my Nitecore.. I might get a maxtoch just because... Merry Christmas to me 😀

I am a hunter, I hunt without apology or guilt...

Don't know about them deing the future. They've been in laptops fo over 20 years.
    Biggun708 likes this.