Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lowa boots

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar

Lowa boots

I know that the best investment you can make is a good set of "number 9's" but are Lowa's worth the money ?

I currently have some Vasque GTX Zephyr's which have servied me well for the last 4 odd years & are now getting to the end of their life
    I find the Vasque's a nice boot, however the new model "Zephyr II's" look a bit gay & now Im wondering if I should go to Lowa's :confused:
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Have you looked at the Grisport Boots? I ahve the Kaikoras and they are best boots I've ever owned.
    They do a Hunter, Hiker etc (have changed the names recently)

I prefer the Lowas over Meindels, and purely because they fit me slightly better. As for lasting? Mine are shot in two years, but do get a hammering (i.e. worn from sept thru till june everyday).
    I've heard people rave about the GriSport boots, never tried them myself though.

My next pair of Lowas will be bought off the net on sale. Its easy when you know exact size and model numbers.

Yeah theres an old saying about buying boots, If you find a decent pair then buy 2 pairs & save the hassel next time

Those Grisports do'nt look to bad, the mohaka's look quite simular to my current Vasques

I might go try some on tomorrow

Have you considered Haix?

I think it is the "K2" that would be a comparable model to what you have. They look nice, when my Meindls wear out I'll be trying a pair.

I've had my Lowas for about six years now, good boot for alpine use but noisy in the bush.

AB Precision
    iv always been a meindl man but got a pear of barstards of ezdriect.co.nz

these http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/camp...-428999140.htm
    so far so good but have only had a day hunt of 14ks in them up the tops an went well, little stiff but are good

The Original Striker
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Have you considered Haix?

I think it is the "K2" that would be a comparable model to what you have. They look nice, when my Meindls wear out I'll be trying a pair.
    Ive got K2's.
    They were quite harsh on the feet for the first 20hours of walking for me but now they are broken in they are awesome.
    Just spent the weekend down in gisbourne hunting and thats in the steep stuff , perfect support and very comfortable

Impure Lead Flinger
    Get LOWAs you wont regret it I got a pair that still going strong and im starting to wonder how im gonna go about resoling them...

I love my LOWAs. Only thing I did was chuck out the standard inner sole, and put in a memory foam inner due to my mongrel feet.

They have taken 4 years of abuse, and are just starting to show signs of it. But that is mainly because over the last year I have been lazy with keeping them conditioned, and hence the leather is cracking at the crease.

Will definitely get another pair once these ones die.
    I love all animals.........especially with gravy

Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    Get LOWAs you wont regret it I got a pair that still going strong and im starting to wonder how im gonna go about resoling them...
    yeah i thought there was someone in the S.I that did resoling of the Vibram soles, but I'm having trouble findind said person.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Hmm I got my fishing boots done here in grey... Wont delve into the waste of time that was...

Quote Originally Posted by puku View Post
    yeah i thought there was someone in the S.I that did resoling of the Vibram soles, but I'm having trouble findind said person.
    Gemmels in auckland do lowa resouling and all the service work for lowa in nz

How do you Lowa boys find em for weight ? I weighed a pair of Tibet's & one boot was 1060g ( stated-1800g a pair in their catalog ) which is pretty bloody heavy compared to my Vas @ around 700g each
    but must admit that those Tibets do have one tough looking high cupping sole

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    How do you Lowa boys find em for weight ? I weighed a pair of Tibet's & one boot was 1060g ( stated-1800g a pair in their catalog ) which is pretty bloody heavy compared to my Vas @ around 700g each
    but must admit that those Tibets do have one tough looking high cupping sole
    Philoopio for fuck sake wats a few freaking grams? Just slice a wee bit off the deer ya carrying that'll get ya ya back where you wanna be
    You try a trip in a set of tibets... You'll be in love....