Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lowa boots

Interesting thread so far.

Currently got a pair of Grisport Hunters - love em, but after two years of constant abuse - they have seen better days

Tempted to buy the Kaikoura version next time around.

Ive had the same problem twice with my lowas , randing always comes loose . The newer models are noticeably better than the old ones.Apart from that theyve been brilliant.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    Philoopio for fuck sake wats a few freaking grams? Just slice a wee bit off the deer ya carrying that'll get ya ya back where you wanna be
    You try a trip in a set of tibets... You'll be in love....
    Blahahaha its not just a few grams BB, even though I am a hill climbing stepping machine it's more like 3/4 of a pound swinging on the end of each of me pins
    57jl likes this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

I bought some Lowa rangers everything about them is great, got them from Bakers in the states for a great price. I have always had Asolos up till now but wont go back after wearing these.

I had Asolo's as well but had to get a new pair of boots after they fell apart from 23yrs of abuse.
    After trying on every option available, I found the Lowa Tibet's fitted me the best. I then ordered them from Bakers in the US and saved $350.

First trip I went on (4 days of high country hunting) was 2 days after receiving my new boots. I didn't have time to break them in before the trip so I had to break them in on the hill. Not 1 blister! The inner soles are a bit naf, but I have some formthotics to put in them anyway.
    Time will tell if they last anything like my last pair.

Ejected
    Their all getting to fucking expensive. I swear by the Meindels, but the price they are getting to I swear at the cunt ripping the $$$ out of my wallet. But then that's only cause us dumbarsed kiwi's keep paying....

You're right about us kiwi's getting ripped!
    That's why I got mine from the US.
    Shame to take business away from the NZ stores, but if they can't do those prices they lose.

holy heck cambo, thats a decent time for the a pair of boots to last.
    In the yards drenching lambs is bad for the rand around the boot. As long as you keep trimming it they last fine.
    The problem is once you own a decent boot you can't go back to cheap ones!!

I bought a pair of cheap boots for in the yards a few years ago. didn't really work as when ya get to the yards its hard to get the comfy boots off!!
    Those cheap boots would've lasted ages for me, if I hadn't thrown them in the hole.

Yeah they were bloody great boots. NZ leather and hand made in Italy. Always kept them clean and dried them out properly every time. I have to say I never used them for work purposes, only hunting.
    Hopefully these new Lowa's will last me for a while as well.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh