Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 223nut

Thread: Lowa Z-8s GTX boots any good?

Lowa Z-8s GTX boots any good?

Is anybody using the Lowa z-8s gtx boots? Any feedback would be appreciated good or bad, thinking of getting a pair for bush stalking

had a good run with lowa boots but not had that model. at a quick glance they seem to have a lot of stitching. had a pair of hi techs, stiches gave way after about 8months of using them 2-3 times a week. i avoid stiching where possible now
    TianBotha likes this.

I'd stay away they're shitty, we have them in the army, after 3-4 months of wearing the soles start to come off and we also have problems with the stitching..
    Maybe look at Meindl Eagles they're great and have lasted me 2 years hard wear, even if you go into hunting and fishing and talk to the guys, they'll tell you the lowa gtx are just a mild tramping boot, not designed for anything more then civilian walks/hikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have had 4 plus years out of a pair of gronels and theyre still going, just not on wet days cant remember the model. Went to get another pair, no longer made in that model, so ive a pair of lowa ranger 2 gtx lighter than the gronels bout as comfy. Weel see how they go. I wear these as my farm boots apart from when in the yards. Was amazed to get so long from them makes them almost half the price of john bulls

Have been more than happy with mine, they are well looked after, mind you I only use them for hunting... have done plenty of river crossings, liked them so much decided to get a 2nd pair, once the 1st pair is wet I can wear dry ones the next day...

Mendel's are what d.o.c. Guys were wearing when I was there. Replace after 2 years but usually they are still going strong

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Mendel's are what d.o.c. Guys were wearing when I was there. Replace after 2 years but usually they are still going strong
    I got a pair of Mendles but they are too tight over the top of the foot right where the laces start.
    I got the lowa gtx pro wide when they came out but couldnt stop heal lift in them.
    Had stony creeks two versions that were good bush boots but not stiff enough or robust enough for alpine use....still looking for a alpine boot that suits me.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Interesting Vc I'm wearing in a pair of gtx wides at the moment, been good so far. Great for the price of myhuntingshop

Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post
    Is anybody using the Lowa z-8s gtx boots? Any feedback would be appreciated good or bad, thinking of getting a pair for bush stalking
    I have a pair but the x6 I think which is the lower cut only used a couple of times through the roar.
    The most comfortable boot I have worn better than the meindle I have had.
    Unsure as to life span as the are only new.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ejected
    Lowa Ranger III here. Awesome boots. The sole could be a bit on the stiff side for some people though.

Very good boot comfortable and quite. Like any boot if you don't look after them they don't last. Have had mine for two years daily use many hunts no issues at all.

Thanks for all the input