Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By sneeze

Thread: Macpac Microlite

Macpac Microlite

Was a bit bored this arvo so went for a stroll to the local Macpac store. Picked up a Microlite 1 person tent. Was tossing up between a 2 person tent and another 1person, and figured an extra 1 person made more sense space wise. Weighs in at 1.6kg all up but with better pegs and the seam sealing done it will be well under 1.5kg, and only 800g as a fly with pegs and pole.

Not too bad for the money at the moment.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Not exactly roomy and the liner seems to hang in a little. Not free standing but single pitch so goes up pretty fast. No footprint.
    7 nights on the west coast and it was ok, condensation was minimal. Iv had some good nights in it.
    7mmsaum and saryn like this.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Ejected
    I like mine, need to throw away the pegs it comes with immediately though. Needs an extra four pegs too I reckon. Seems to work a lot better on slightly convex ground. Great in the wind. Great to put up in the rain. Ventilates better than expected.

It's on special for $300 every now and then, and if not then ring them up pleading nicely and they'll probably do it.

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Not exactly roomy and the liner seems to hang in a little. Not free standing but single pitch so goes up pretty fast. No footprint.
    7 nights on the west coast and it was ok, condensation was minimal. Iv had some good nights in it.
    Not much of me so don't need a lot of room.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
    I like mine, need to throw away the pegs it comes with immediately though. Needs an extra four pegs too I reckon. Seems to work a lot better on slightly convex ground. Great in the wind. Great to put up in the rain. Ventilates better than expected.

It's on special for $300 every now and then, and if not then ring them up pleading nicely and they'll probably do it.
    Yeah, the pegs they come with look rubbish and are quite heavy. Would like to get hold of some DAC J-stakes as replacements.

Ejected
    If you find a cheap source, let me know. Do you think they'd hook up okay to the inner? I was thinking of adding loops of cord so I wouldn't tear up the fabric loops with the msr groundhogs I was thinking of buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
    If you find a cheap source, let me know. Do you think they'd hook up okay to the inner? I was thinking of adding loops of cord so I wouldn't tear up the fabric loops with the msr groundhogs I was thinking of buying.
    Finding them at non ridiculous prices is proving the difficult part. Have ordered some similar titanium pegs from China in the mean time at about NZ$3 a piece. Best I can find so far on the DAC is NZ$7 a piece.